Our goal is to improve the online buying experience for our consumers and merchants all over the world and change the way consumers buy online.
We're growing our Engineering Effectiveness group here at Klarna; Engineering Effectiveness provides a standardised set of engineering services to our autonomous development teams in order to reduce complexity and make them more effective. We love to help our teams with what is at the heart of our engineering culture.
We are seeking a senior developer to join the Performance and Reliability team to help us support Klarna’s rapid growth and achieving world-class system reliability.
The team is responsible for developing the platform for performance and reliability testing of Klarna’s expanding microservices system landscape.
You’ll play an important role assisting teams across Klarna, building the next generation of performance and reliability tools and introduce and establish chaos engineering into the DNA of our engineers. The role is based at Klarna HQ in Stockholm and will report to the manager of the Performance and reliability team.Some of your responsibilities will be:
You should contact us if you have:
- Develop tools for performance testing and resilience testing/chaos engineering.
- Analyze non-functional system design and behaviour. Identify failure modes & scalability issues and provide input to architecture to resolve them.
- Support dev teams as they build performance tests for their systems and set up reporting.
- Assist dev teams in finding root causes of performance issues and resolving them. Help optimize things like resource consumption and latency.
- Define performance requirements in collaboration with dev teams.
It is great (but not strictly a requirement) if you have also worked with
- Experience in performance testing & performance analysis
- Experience with at least one load testing tool (JMeter, K6, Artillery, Gatling, Load Runner or similar)
- Good understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk and network and the ability to debug associated bottlenecks in distributed web and asynchronous environments
- Scripting ability (preferably in bash, Ruby or Python)
- Experience using Linux
- Experience working in large-scale distributed computing environments
- Experience with relational DBs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Microservice architectures
- Cloud technologies (especially AWS)
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- System monitoring & reporting tools, APM tools
- Log analysis tools (Splunk)
- Profiling tools
- NoSQL datastores and caching systems
- Java GC troubleshooting & optimization
- Provisioning & Linux system management
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 49 different countries in our English-speaking office in the center of Stockholm.Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, pension and insurance plans, along with 30 days annual leave.Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.Relocation - We offer a flexible work schedule and relocation support if you need it.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world. We’re a team of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us.