We are looking for a Mechanical/HVAC Design manager for Northvolt in Stockholm
Do you have a Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent? Do you also have a few years of work experience in this field and great english skills? Welcome with your application!
In order to be a qualified candidate, you need to have swedish residency and have a valid work permit. We only accept your resume in English! Northvolt AB
At Northvolt, sustainability provides a bedrock to our mission of building a green lithium ion battery to enable the European transition to a clean, carbon-neutral energy future. We intend to set a new benchmark for sustainable manufacturing, not only of batteries but for manufacturing at large. About the job
As a Mechanical/HVAC Design Manager in the Blueprint team you will guide the work in the Blueprint team and collaborate within the organization by supporting the development of optimized design solutions for current and future design of NV’s factories, ensuring best in class battery manufacturing facilities. You will also support the Northvolt New Factories team to find the most efficient designs & solutions. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Skills and Requirements
- Review and clarify the relevant heating, cooling, ventilation, and other utility requirements for the different end users for their designated area, and where necessary translate them into a set of functional requirements to be used as a basis of design
- Resolve technical queries, continually assure the quality of the design and review of design documentation
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to facilitate a fully integrated, optimized design that meets all functional requirements
- Act as technical authority for concept design of HVAC, heating & cooling systems, as well as fire-safety installations and sprinklers systems
- Provide technical support to the construction and commissioning teams
We believe that you have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 plus years’ work experience in building industry, preferably designing building services
- Experience in supporting other project functions with input, including estimating, scheduling, ATEX & HSE risk assessments, and constructability reviews
- Experience in concept design of all HVAC disciplines
- Experience with design of heat pumps, chillers, district heating and process piping
- Strong experience with both 3D and 2D design tools such as REVIT or AUTOCAD
- Great English written and oral skills to ensure smooth and efficient communication
A plus if you have:
About the employment
- Previous experience with large scale projects is strongly desirable but not essential
- Experience with Clean & Dry room systems
- Familiarity with Swedish and European laws and standards
- Location: Stockholm, on-site
- Type of employment: three months consultant with great prospects of getting a permanent position at the end of service.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Worktrips: no
Attach your CV and personal letter with your application where you describe your relevant experience for the role. We will not read applications received by letter or e-mail.
We're continuously working with our selection and interviews. The position may be filled before the application period ends.
Lernia is one of Sweden's largest companies in staffing, vocational training and matching of jobseekers. We help people with education and jobs and companies with skills solutions. We have developed individuals' skills according to the needs of the labor market for over 100 years and staffed the Swedish industry for 20 years. In 2020, sales were SEK 2 billion, we have about 6,000 employees and are located all over the country. Our goal is at least 10,000 jobs each year. Read more about our work to develop solutions that lead to jobs and a successful business life at [www.lernia.se] ([ Link removed ]