Scientist, Early R&I Research and Early Developmen
AstraZeneca in Gothenburg is seeking a Scientist, Early R&I Research and Early Development, Bioscience In Vivo.
Are you an experienced scientist ready to apply your skills in a diverse and dynamic organization? If you can envision providing scientific expertise in a role that can impact patients’ lives – join us now at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg! We are now looking to recruit an In Vivo Scientist with excellent laboratory skills and a drive for innovation to join the Bioscience in vivo department within the Early Respiratory and Immunology (eR&I) R&D unit.
Purpose, Offer and Benefits
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you´ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team that works closely together with other departments focusing on target identification, drug formulation, translational science, in vitro assay development and drug metabolism/pharmacokinetics to support discovery projects and to drive new exciting research. Are you ready to join us?
What you´ll do
As a vital member of the in vivo team you will contribute to progress our drug discovery projects. Your role will be mainly lab-based in which you will be actively involved and responsible to coordinate and perform in vivo experiments. While we expect you to be independent we are also looking for someone that thrives in a team setting and contributes to the success of others.
The Bigger Picture
Respiratory and immunology are two of AstraZeneca´s main therapy areas. From a research perspective we work to understand, treat, modify and ultimately cure respiratory disease with an emphasis on four respiratory diseases with significant unmet medical need; asthma, COPD, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) and Chronic Cough. In addition, we also focus on immunology-driven disease areas including rheumatology, dermatology, gastrointestinal and inflammatory diseases driven by eosinophilic immune dysfunction.
The end date for this consulting assignment is 23-12-22, with a chance of extension. You will be employed by TNG during this time.
Please not that the selection process is ongoing.
Essential for the role:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in relevant subjects or equivalent level of understanding developed through experience in drug discovery or early development
- Excellent technical and experimental In vivo experience and skills, including rodent handling, drug administration and collection of biological samples. Ability to coordinate and perform respiratory disease and mechanistic models.
- Valid certificates to work with live animals in Sweden
- Be respectful, communicate openly and show effective collaborative behavior to obtain high quality study results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to incorporate the views of others in your communication
- Maintain the highest standards of animal welfare and ethical compliance and ensure integrity of generated data. Familiar with using Good Statistical Practice in animal research and applying the 3R´s (reduction, refinement and replacement) across the full range of studies
- Good generic computer proficiency including Microsoft Office.
Interested?This is a staffing assignment which means that you are employed by TNG, but work for one of our customers. If you are interested in this position, apply right now! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be filled before the last apply-date. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.
Job ID: 0445E02044644EC2AB577719683B8D03