II-VI in Järfälla, Stockholm, is looking for a Software Development Engineer, Test and Measurement.
Are you an experienced software application development engineer with skills in applied mathematics and/or numerical simulations? Do you have knowledge in data analysis, optoelectronics or photonics? Be part of II-VI´s (formerly Finisar) Product Development Team in the Järfälla facility as our Software Development Engineer in Component Test. Here you will work with the design and delivery of applications in .Net/C# for the automated characterization and control of leading-edge components.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
Here you will be part of a financially stable, international and fast-growing company that has some of the world´s most famous Tech companies as customers. II-VI is a high-tech company that develops pioneering and high-quality products in optoelectronics. In the role of software development engineer you will become an important player in the company´s continued development, at II-VI you will work in a competence-intensive and fast-growing organization with short decision paths. We are proud of our values as represented in ICARE: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Enthusiasm, these permeate both strategies and our daily work. We take care of our staff and offer you a market salary, bonus model, six weeks´ leave, health and medical insurance and a generous plan for retirement through Skandia.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contribute to the design and planning of new test setups, with a focus on control, characterization and verification test software development activities.
- Algorithm development and validation for the robust and reliable automation of all control and characterization steps utilized during component test throughout the development and manufacturing phases.
- Continuous review, improvement and formal release of control, characterization and verification-related updates in line with requirements throughout the component development and manufacturing phases.
- Provide and maintain documentation for all test software projects.
- Interaction, on daily a basies, with on-site teams across multiple disciplines (Chip Design, Wafer Fabrication Process Engineering, Operations, Quality and Reliability, Project Management).
- Participate in ongoing knowledge transfer to other group members on relevant technical topics, such as software development concepts, library re-use, optical component characteristics etc.
You will become part of a competent team consisting of 15 engineers and you will report to the Software Development Manager within Component Test.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking for an engineer with at least a MSc in software engineering, optoelectronics, electronics or engineering physics as well as 0-5 years work experience within your field. You should also have experience of software development in an object-oriented programming language. You are fluent in English speaking and writing; it is also an advantage if you have Swedish speaking skills.
In order to be successful in the role, you should have experience working within complex projects and towards set goals. You are driven, quality-conscious, creative and innovative and find solutions both within and outside the traditional methodologies. You have a keen interest in external monitoring of the latest technology and innovation. You are also a strong communicator, good at networking and creating good relationships.
We work with TNG Tech in this recruitment process. They are recruitment specialists in unbiased and competence based recruitment, which creates diversity and innovation in teams and contribute to a sustainable employment market. If you are interested in this position, apply right now! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be filled before the last apply-date. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.