Do you have an eye for details and love working with text and layout? Do you have a technical interest? Then this might be the right opportunity for you! We are looking for a Technical Writer to strengthen our team.
We have an exciting journey ahead of us and if you share our passion for innovation and digitalization, we think that we will be a good match. We believe that you are open for new ideas and like thinking outside the box to take our technical documentation to the next level.
This is what you will do
In your daily activities at FlexLink you will be creating technical documents, primarily targeted towards users of FlexLink products and systems. Users can be external as well as internal.
Our documents include printed books and leaflets as well as electronic information in websites. Typical documents are catalogues, specification sheets, assembly manuals, maintenance manuals, operating instructions, spare parts lists, and training material. You will be based in Gothenburg and report to our Mechanical Engineering Manager. With you onboard, we will have two technical writers at FlexLink that will work in close collaboration.
Main activities and responsibilities
This is you
- Analysis of the need for documentation
- Content planning in cooperation with project leaders, designers and other information sources
- Document creation and modification: write texts, create other illustrations, often based on CAD files
- Send material for translation or for print
- Publish material to web
- Create and edit video for use in online and electronic documents
- Maintain databases for documents, illustrations and standardized technical nomenclature
To succeed in this role we believe that you have:
Working at FlexLink
- University degree within engineering or similar work life experience
- At least 3-5 years experience in technical documentation
- Experience of software for authoring and publishing technical content
- A technical interest
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Excellent skills in written communication
- The ability to work within budgets and given deadlines
- Attention to the whole picture and to details
- The ability to be proactive and work in a structured way
As a part of the dynamic and inspiring work environment at FlexLink, you have every opportunity to grow – in all aspects. You will be a member of a prosperous and innovative company with collaborative teams that will inspire you to ignite your potential and expand your horizons. Work life balance is important for us so therefore we apply a hybrid remote working policy, and you will have flexible working hours.
FlexLink is an industry leader for automated production flow solutions. Working closely with global customers, we provide innovative, optimizing solutions to produce goods smarter, safer and at lower operating costs. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, FlexLink has operating units in 26 countries and is represented in more than 60. In 2020, FlexLink had about 1,000 employees and a turnover of 220 MEUR.
FlexLink is part of Coesia, a group of 21 companies specialized in highly innovative industrial and packaging solutions based in Bologna, Italy. The Group, whose sole Shareholder and President is Isabella Seràgnoli, is present in 35 countries with 84 production plants in 136 operating units and has over 8,000 employees.
Join the team! We are looking forward to receiving your application!
This is a permanent position, full time. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Linda Anstrin, HR Generalist at [ Link removed ] . Interviews will be held continuously.
External agencies are kindly requested not to contact the company regarding this position.