Do you want to make users feel smart? Are you a doer? Is technical communication your passion? Then this might be the job for you! Axis is now looking for a junior technical writer with excellent communication skills and advanced level of technical English.
Who is your future team?
The Technical Information Management team constantly strive for a straightforward and beautiful information experience with first-rate technical content for our end-users and partners. Together we create written instructions, microcopy, tutorial videos, specifications, and drawings for the entire Axis portfolio, ranging from mechanical accessories to complete end-to-end solutions. We work towards all Axis markets and segments, always remembering that we're here to make our users feel smart.
What you'll do:
- Author and design accurate, consistent, and user-friendly technical documentation for Axis' products and solutions.
- Gather technical information from experts within the organization, study existing material, and convert it to relevant information to support our partners, system integrators, and end-users.
- Make sure that the technical documentation follows Axis tone of voice and plain language principles and complies with legal requirements and regulations.
- Set best practices and create working guidelines together with the rest of the team.
Who we're looking for/who we think you are
- A proactive self-starter.
- User-focused mindset that seeks to understand what our users consume and how to create it.
- No problem juggling simultaneous tasks at once and love getting things done.
- Exceptional team player.
- Ability to understand advanced technical content and quickly learn new material.
- Ability to see the big picture and while keeping the attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an energizing environment while handling several projects simultaneously with strong time management and prioritization skills.
Required background and experiences
- Advanced technical English skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and/or professional qualification relevant for technical communication.
- Experience writing technical instructions.
We'd love for you to have/be
- Experience and knowledge in XML-based content management, Arbortext and Windchill (or similar CMS for documentation).
- Experience from working in the IT industry or with network products.
- Native English speaker.
- Passionate about innovating and developing the technical communication area to new even higher levels.
This position is located at Axis HQ in Lund, Sweden.
In exchange for your dedication Axis can offer you an innovative and global organization that take great pride in delivering world class, high quality products to our customers. Working with us gives you an excellent opportunity to develop in an organization promoting professional and individual growth.
Axis is a fast growing and innovative IT company with a global footprint. Our success is largely due to our highly skilled staff and our strong culture of daring to succeed and allowing ourselves to constantly break new ground. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform.
Axis is a company realizing the benefits of a diverse workforce. We know that diversity in groups creates a better working environment and promotes creativity, something that is fundamental for our success.
Ready to act?
Find out more from our recruiting manger Jenny Börjel at
This recruitment is handled solely by Axis Communications AB, and we politely but firmly decline all calls from recruitment and consulting companies.