Coherent (former II-VI) is hiring Product Engineers for their high-tech material manufacturing in Järfälla, Stockholm.
The world-leading company Coherent (former II-VI) works with optical systems and optoelectronic components and is now looking for Product Engineers for their team that works with existing and upcoming product families at the facility in Järfälla, Stockholm. Read more below and apply today!
Welcome with your application!
Purpose, Offer and Benefits
Coherent is a high-tech, international company that develops pioneering and high-quality products in optoelectronics. The site in Järfälla hosts a unique production of laser components and state-of-the-art product development. You will be part of a financially stable and fast-growing company that has some of the world´s most famous Tech companies as customers. Here you get opportunities to contribute to the development of products used in e.g. large data centers, telecommunications and 5G network. At Coherent, you work in a multicultural, knowledge-intensive and fast-growing organization with efficient decision-making.
Coherent is proud of its values as represented in I CARE: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm, and these permeate both strategies and daily work.
Coherent takes care of their staff and offers you a market salary, bonus model, six weeks vacation (for this position) to name a few.
In the role of Product engineer, you will work together with your colleagues to manage and develop existing and future product families in the best way to contribute to high efficiency and quality.
• Ownership of product and technical requirements in production.
• Tracking and optimizing production yield, product and production performance.
• Product data analysis, feedback to Wafer Fab and Test.
• Managing improvements of existing products and product variants/customizations.
• Defining and managing screening and wafer certification process across manufacturing sites.
• Leading technical investigations and root cause analysis in production.
The Bigger Picture
You will be part of a team consisting of other engineers, where you will report to the Manager Product Management. Together with your colleagues from the team, you will collaborate closely both with R&D, Wafer processing and with other manufacturing facilities, mainly those located in China.
The position is full-time, 38.75 h/week. This is a role that requires a certain operational proximity to the facility, but free working hours are applied and the possibility to work from home on certain occasions is possible.
We attach great importance to your personal qualities, but to be relevant for this role it is required that you:
- hold M.Sc. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Optical Communications.
- have experience in Semiconductor industry, Optical communications or Product engineering.
- have experience/knowledge of statistical data analysis and presentation and therefore also haves experience of working with statistical analysis tools.
- have strong communication skills in English.
- have worked in a similar role before and have knowledge/experience in, for example, semiconductor lasers.
- It is advantageous if you have knowledge of the Swedish language and/or have experience in Testing & Measurement.
In order to succeed and thrive in the role, we see that you are analytical and used to working operationally, flexibly and have good communication skills. It is also important that you always strive to achieve the highest quality in your work, are proactive and have a systematic and organized way of working. Since you will be part of a team and have many contact points, it is of the utmost importance that your cooperation skills are very good.
We work with TNG Tech in this recruitment process. They are recruitment specialists in unbiased and competence based recruitment, which creates diversity and innovation in teams and contribute to a sustainable employment market. If you are interested in this position, apply right now! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be filled before the last apply-date. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.