Are you looking for a role where you will be the engine of future product generation? Are you triggered by exploring the unknown using your curiosity and skills to understand market needs and identify business opportunities?
About the position
We are currently looking for an experienced technical market development manager with a background from the specialty chemical sector preferably from coatings or lubricants. This position has emerged at an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Specialty Chemicals Industry. This position is part of Innovation organization, which is working with identifying and developing the future products of Perstorp. You will be part of the team “Strategic Markets” which consists of five colleagues working in technical market development or project management.
In this role you will identify and develop new opportunities to strengthen and further develop our product and service offerings. You respond to ideas from the field and the business and at the same realize ideas of your own. You will work closely with internal as well as externa stakeholders. Your daily work will include driving multiple concepts, smaller projects and tasks in parallel and you will be responsible for development activities including IP and Regulatory Affairs, as well as stakeholder communication & presentations.
Your main tasks:
- Identify and turn market needs into development projects in close collaboration with business and customers
- Screen and develop business ideas
- Develop new and existing ranges of strategic products and expand with new solutions (both products and services)
- Maintain expertise in relevant markets and keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Generate technical marketing content to support sales and marketing
- Liaise with relevant European organizations, universities and key experts in the field
To be successful in this position you are:
- Triggered by high pace and running different types of activities in this area
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong drive and motivation
- Curious with the ability to analyze and learn new products and applications
- Understand Perstorp’s unique products and chemistry and how that bring value to customers
- A team player that can work in close collaboration with customers, business, sales, R&D and marketing
Education and experiences required:
- Academic education, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science, product development or similar
- >5 years of working experience in an industrial environment
- Experience from business development in a small/high tech company in chemicals or plastics
- Good understanding of the chemical market/industry and knowledge in chemical engineering is beneficial
- Preferably experience related to products and development activities within coatings, lubricants or specialty chemicals
This position will be based in Sweden with frequent presence in Perstorp and will require travelling up to 30%.
For more information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Linda Zellner, Innovation – Strategic Markets, by e-mail at: [ Link removed ] or on +46(0)734 27 49 27
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America.