We are looking for a new member to our team at Service Communication, Volvo Penta. Are you a flexible, curious and driven person? And have the talent to describe technical functionalities in a user-friendly way. Then we believe that you are our new colleague.
As a member of the team Service Communication you belong to a group of eight people. In our daily work, we produce operating and installation instructions for the marine and industrial industries. We work both in an XML based CMS system and InDesign. Authoring is done both in Swedish and English.
We have an illustrator within the group. But as we want to increase our knowledge within this area it is meritorious if you have experience from producing images from CAD. Role description
You are the link between the technology and the users. In an educational way, you turn technical information into instructions for installers and operators.
You are going to work in close cooperation with design engineers and product specialist, in various technical functions within the organization, to gather information. We believe in teamwork as the key to success in this position, your collaboration skills are therefore important.
New technologies and new functions are constantly under development within Volvo Penta. Your curiosity and ability to act in a changing environment is of great benefit to us. Main responsibilities
- Gather, structure and produce technical information
- Describe and illustrate features and operations from a user perspective
- Maintain existing publications and develop the information produced for the future
- Technical education in mechanics or electronics, or equivalent experience
- Experience of structured information in CMS system, XML and topic-based authoring
- Experience of CAD illustrations and animation
- Experience in Photoshop, CorelDraw, InDesign
- Swedish and English, in spoken and written terms
Hope you find the role interesting. We would love you to join our team! For more information please contact:
Sissel Gullersby, Director Service Communication, +46 31 322 9961