Become part of a code lab building digital products for innovative companies, using modern web development. Their goal is to be a truly happy place for developers. Fun, meaningful and challenging projects are more important to Prototyp than ping-pong tables and bean bags. Thats why they focus on getting in early on new technologies. It lets them spend more time on greenfield adventures and less time in drawn-out support jobs. Now, we are looking for a Tech Manager who can lead Prototyps developers to the next level. We are processing applications on an ongoing basis!
Academic Work is recruiting another Tech Manager to our client Prototyp. As a Tech Manager at Prototyp you will both work actively as a lead developer in ongoing projects, and have an increased managerial and operative role at the company. This includes formal management and responsibility for about 8-10 full stack developers, both junior and senior. In other words - you will both have your engineering skills put to test and have an important leadership position that requires great people skills. Coaching 1-on-1 meetings, recruitment of new developers and driving tech knowledge growth is all on the menu in a fast-paced web development landscape.
You are offered
* A small, diverse and passionate collection of talented individuals. At Prototyp they believe in creating their own culture and working together as a team
* A rewarding and fun job, without sacrificing your spare time. A 40-hour work week should mean a 40-hour work week, even when you're working in tech
* Fun activities; for example twice a year they hold a special week long 'hackathon' where they press pause on all their regular projects and try out new tech to sharpen our digital prototyping skills. Sometimes it's a crazy IoT idea, a machine learning experiment, or a weird block-chain endeavor. Other times it's a React-Native app for talking to cats. Whatever the idea, its all about trying out new stuff that they havent had the chance to work with before. These weeks are one of the things that makes Prototyp developers stand out from the crowdArbetsuppgifter
As a Tech Manager at Prototyp you will coach junior and senior developers, helping them in their personal development and expanding their technical skills, but also work with your own technical projects. You will
* Keep track of your project budget, expectation management and client communication
* Work with solutions architecture for example doing a technical pre-study into your clients current solutions, deciding on a stack for an upcoming project, and specifying which code languages, frameworks, hosting providers to choose
* Be a scrum master and facilitating the work of a small agile team; including breaking down requirements, facilitating agile ceremonies like retrospectives, demos and sprint planning
* Work with sales-related activities; participating in meetings with potential clients, creating estimates for offers etc.
* Have regular 1-on-1 meetings with members of your crew
* Be responsible over recruitment of new developers, interns and summer workers
* Manage time reports, vacations, absences and salaries, and an education and equipment budget for each person
Vi söker dig som
* Minimum Bachelors degree within a relevant subject, such as Computer Science or Engineering Physics
* Between 3 to 8 years of former experience from working within a role as full stack developer where you have worked with modern web application development, languages and frameworks. Prototyp works with a broad variety of languages such as C# and .net, Ruby on Rails, Python among others. What stack you are using is not the most important, although we would love to see that you have a favorite one!
* Great communication skills in English, its also a big plus if you also are keen in communication in Swedish since both languages will be useful in your daily work.
* Has great interest in leading people
As a person you are:
* Service minded
Please attach a cover letter to your application describing which of the above skills you have as well as a motivation as to why you are interested of working at Prototyp.
* Start: According to agreement
* Work extent: Full-time, permanent position with 6 months notice period
* Location: Industrigatan 4, Kungsholmen
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Prototyp that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Information om företaget