Do you want to be a part of a team and lead the engineering teams towards the cloud native development? Do you want to be involved in developing and influencing SAS`s IT to the better? If you enjoy working in Cloud, designing solutions in the Cloud, driving or following DevOps practices such as Infrastructure this role as Tech Lead DevOps at SAS is the right position for you!
The DevOps platform team at SAS responsible for providing baseline & building blocks of cloud environments using Microsoft enterprise landing zone concept in Azure, developer tools, builder’s library for our software engineering teams with mission of supporting them for developing cloud native digital solutions, also driving DevOps, SecOps &
SRE practices in software engineering teams. You will play a key role in empowering our engineering teams, improving the developer experience, and fostering a software engineering culture as part of the DevOps Platform team. Our engineering teams are organized in value
streams with several products.
- Part of DevOps Platform team, responsible for design, architect & deliver cloud environments to engineering teams, also responsible for technical roadmap, driving DevOps, SecOps (shifting security left in lifecycle), SRE practices
- Architect and drive the implementation of baseline & building blocks of cloud infrastructure, security, PaaS services, automated pipelines, monitoring, logging, and observability of cloud platform
- Design and maintain the lifecycle of common Cloud, DevOps and Security tools used in software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Coaching engineering teams with best practices and ways of working in Cloud, adopting DevOps & Security practices, running containers, serverless, data & analytics, machine learning workloads in the cloud
- Facilitate assessments and discussions such as Well Architected Reviews, Threat Modeling workshops with engineering teams
- Drive & build builder’s library (reference implementation) practices to enable sharing, cross collaboration, and way of working in engineering teams, also build the technology community to scale these practices in the organization
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners in achieving the best cloud development experience for engineering teams.
Qualifications and requirements
We are looking for a person who enjoy working in public cloud, designing solutions in the Cloud, driving DevOps, SecOps, SRE practices such as automation, Infrastructure as code, Pipeline as Code, Security as Code, Service-Level Objective (SLO), Service-Level Indicator (SLI) etc.
In addition, the following experiences are relevant:
- Experience with architecting solutions using cloud native services (preferably Azure or other cloud provider AWS or GCP)
- Experience on driving initiatives, coaching engineering teams with DevOps, SecOps & SRE practices
- Hands-on experience as Cloud Architect, DevOps Architect, Tech Lead, or similar roles coming from Software development or system administration background
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code practices using Terraform, Azure Resource Manager or similar tools
- Experience with architecting Container and/or Serverless solutions in the cloud environments
- Experience with architecting monitoring and logging solutions using cloud native services or Prometheus/Grafana stack
- Development experience of pair-programming, mob-programming
Optionally, the following experiences are nice to have:
- Hands-on experience on using multiple cloud services based on the use cases (preferably Azure or other cloud provider)
- Experience with security practices such as Threat modelling, defense in depth, least privilege principle, zero trust architecture, application layer security etc
As a person we believe you are....
We believe you are a teamleader, team player, sparring & helping team members, attitude & willingness to learn skills, suggest improvements, prioritize and drive our own tasks in coordination with the team members and stakeholders. You are keen on driving DevOps, SecOps (shifting security left in the software development lifecycle) and SRE
practices to help our engineering teams to achieve agility in development, autonomy & trust, faster time to market and build software engineering culture.
What we offer!
• Located at SAS head office: Frösundavik, Stockholm, access to gym, restaurant, café etc. Along with flexibility to work remotely.
• SAS has an attractive travel offering to all employees, good pension schema and standard benefits
• As part of collective agreement
• Opportunity to part of digitalization and modernizing our IT landscape journey with cloud native tech stack and modern practices
Welcome with your application!
Selection is ongoing and we want your application no later than 30th november. In this recruitment we collaborate with Randstad Technologies, for questions about the role contact responsible recruitment consultant Julia Rhönnstad, [ Email address blocked ] 0729872754 or Soheil Subhi, [ Email address blocked ]