Senior Bio Process Engineer - New Food Fermentation
At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
Tetra Pak Liquid Food Solutions is responsible for development and manufacturing of units for processing of dairy, beverage, prepared food, Plant Based and New Food Fermentation applications. We work closely with our markets to understand customer needs, create and convey our solutions that provide the greatest value for Tetra Pak and its Customers. Tetra Pak Liquid Food Solutions has more than 500 employees in five main sites: Lund in Sweden, Winsted in USA, Shanghai in China, Singapore and Pune in India.
We are now looking for three dynamic Senior Bio Process Engineers within the area for New Food Fermentation!
You will preferably be based in Lund, Sweden, and you should expect to travel up to 25% yearly. You will report to the Commercial Manager, in the Plant Based Food Solutions Organization.
What you will do
As Senior Bio Process Engineer, you will be an important member in our engineering team that are responsible for technically driving and support sales by collaborating with the markets on defining the most competitive and relevant processing solutions within the category to both existing and new customers to support a sustainable business growth.
- Supporting creation of a relevant and competitive technical solution, built up from multiple Tetra Pak entities, by working with the pre-project and sales teams, globally.
- Ensuring best practise in the pre-project phase, delivering a cohesive and competitive value proposition, with an accurately identified technical solution.
- Create, validate and cross-check the technical solutions, value proposition, cost, and price in quotations.
- A comprehensive and strategic understanding of Pharma vs Food Industry requirements - what are the borderlines for biotechnology applied to the food production.
- Employ pre-project tools to support and facilitate decision making during the pre-project phase.
- Acting as a challenger for the technical solution to give the pre-project team confidence and the robustness of their offer.
- Support areas such sales strategy, costing review, creating shadow calculations, technical solution reviews, risk review, contract review and benchmarking of pricing against completed projects.
- The work comes with a high level of exposure, demanding and challenging, but offers a great deal of freedom and development opportunities.
We believe you have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field such as chemical, food or biochemical engineering, biotechnology, or related discipline, or be able to demonstrate similar level of technical aptitude through work experiences.
- Preferably, you have at least 5 years of work experience in a related role and preference will be given to those that can demonstrate experience on process design in the biotech industry.
- Knowledge on optimization of biochemical process conditions, USP and DSP, in industrial scale. Experience in design, optimization, and running of small to large-scale fermentation processes.
- Experience in development of novel biochemical processes functional description and activation diagrams, covering functions e.g., how to control DO level and implications on control system, metabolic control, feedback loops from online monitoring, PCA analysis for process control.
- A fluent and clear communicator in English
Furthermore, you understand the implications of shear rates, feed rates, typical metabolic profiles of different types of microorganisms (also related to different designs and operating modes of Bioreactors). You are open and service minded with a strong customer focus.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at [ Link removed ] .
This job posting expires on 2023-04-05
To know more about the position contact hiring manager Mats W Andersson at +46 46 36 3878
Questions about your application contact Sara Johannesson at +46 46 36 2964
For trade union information contact Sveriges Ingenjörer Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533 and Unionen Lisbeth Larsson at +46 46 36 2320
Job ID: 80904-en_GB