SKF IT provides strategic IT support to the business by developing support strategies and ensuring a stable delivery within applications and IT tools. We are in America, Europe and Asia. The regional IT and central service department within SKF IT enables the company to deliver to our customers. Right now, SKF IT is an exciting place to be and a lot is happening within our organization. We are passionate about delivering the best service to our end users within the company. We constantly strive to ensure stable operations of IT, optimize solutions and improve application support. In other words, we make sure that everything in IT works.
Are you a curious and ambitious person with an interest in supporting and improving an ever-growing data flow, while developing within your role? Do you have experience or an interest of working with support in a complex and global IT environment?
Then this can be the right challenge for you, we at SKF IT are currently looking for a
Support Specialist, SKF IT
As a Support Specialist, you step in and become a key player within the team. With focus on the interaction between users, IT processes and IT applications.
We are now looking for a person to support within our sales processes with Electronic data interchange (EDI), order/invoices/shipping. This support is vital not only for SKF internally but to ensure that our sales teams and customer service can deliver the value our customers expect.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in close collaboration with our sales and customer service organization. You will help with seeing the bigger picture, think outside the box, find improvements and solutions. Get the opportunity to help steer the development towards a more digitized and atomized order management.
We know how important work life balance is and work actively to have diversity among our team members and appreciate creative thinking regardless of age, gender identity or cultural background.
We apply coaching leadership, encourage continuous learning, and know that skills can be learned but enthusiasm and mindset is what makes you stand out.
Your daily work
The role of Support Specialist means that you engage in operational needs daily to ensure a stable and quality IT delivery to the business. As a Support Specialist you will:
• Provide professional support to key users in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
• Drive and resolve reported issues and escalate to the appropriate vendors if necessary, while still taking end to end responsibility.
• Support several process flows across integrated applications, covering both micro and macro perspective in the process, while having the end user experience in focus.
• Participate in project work such as development and roll out activities/ implementations
• Work to improve the support area by identifying quality risks and opportunities for improvement, while always keep the need of the business as priority.
• Develop and document Best Practice, Service Catalogue and FAQ
• Communicate on many different levels and understand that not everyone “speaks IT”.
• Participate in user-acceptance test
• Lead and assist in training activities
• Promote group IT value to the business
We expect you to have
• 3-5 years of related work experience, customer, and technical support
• Relevant skills for the field of IT including education, preferred University degree
• Ability to collaborate with multinational teams, fluent business English is a pre-requisite
• Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team
• Vendor management experience is an advantage
• Experience from customer service and/or EDI merits
• Understanding or willingness to learn system interdependencies
• Previous knowledge of SAP or communication protocols merits
You will like it here if you
…are curious, ambitious, and passionate about delivering good solutions to the end user. You are service-minded and have a user focus, with high integrity and ability to communicate both within IT and out to users.
Additional information for you
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden. Local contract only.
As a Support Specialist you will report to the APS Team Manager, located in Gothenburg (Sweden).
For information and questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Veronica Forsman, Recruitment Specialist, Group Recruitment Centre, +46 31 337 17 17 or [ Link removed ] .
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV and cover letter (in English). Application deadline: 27th of June 2021. As we interview candidates continously, please apply as soon as you can. Note that we do not accept applications by e-mail.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.