In this role you will be responsible for identification and evaluation of opportunities within Indirect Spend in Sweden: reduction of spend, consolidation of process, starting and continuity of supply of goods and/or services.
Spicer Nordiska Kardan is a subsidiary of the global Dana Incorporated producing Spicer® brand driveshafts for the commercial and off-highway vehicles.
The plant specializes in producing the world-renowned Spicer® Compact Series™ driveshaft which is recognized as the standard for the global commercial-vehicle industry offering maximum performance and reliability, together with the highest power-density driveline solution.
Core competencies include machining, assembly, balancing and finishing. Most of production is packed in sequence and delivered Just-in-Time to our customers. Company employs over 100 people and delivers approximately 165.000 complete shafts per year as well as supporting aftersales service needs.
The plant is approved to ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
You will be responsible for coordination of non-production supply chain management activities for Dana's plant in Sweden and for identification and evaluation of opportunities within Indirect Spend in Sweden: reduction of spend, consolidation of process, starting and continuity of supply of goods and/or services.
Indirect Buyer manages the Dana contracts within the indirect categories and reports the metrics associated with them. Person is expected to deliver continuous improvement in cost process and services within the indirect spend.
He/She will be responsible:
- for requests for information (RFI) or quote (RFQ)
- recommendations based on Total Cost of Ownership comparisons
- reports on activities associated with Indirect Spend.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains and analyzes quotes to determine best value, then recommends sourcing solutions based on data and facts collected.
- Ability to clearly list out Dana's negotiable items and the supplier's and negotiate basic items/deals with minimal supervision. Clearly understands the details and how to prepare for negotiations and adheres to his/her walk-away.
- Consistently sends out and reviews complete RFQ packages and negotiates the basic terms of a contract to support an agreement. Understand what type of contract is required. Understands key points to leverage beyond price. Understands Dana's standard Terms and Conditions.
- Formulate annual business plans for achievement of cost reductions and year over year performance improvement.
- Monitors supplier(s) performance, elevates issues within the supplier's organization for resolution. Understands and reviews the corrective actions for sustained results. Holds regular performance review meetings with key stakeholders and measures compliance to agreements. Tracks Savings projects and reports accurate forecasts and actuals.
- Works proactively with other departments to cover plant needs.
- Promotes cost reduction activities with key suppliers and shares best practices.
We're looking for the candidate who has he following qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Business (Supply Chain Management or Purchasing is preferred) or degree in Engineering (Product or Manufacturing). Alternatively qualification by experience.
- 5 years of experience in procurement.
- Fluency in English and Swedish
If your your qualifications match these requirements, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online with your CV in English as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach Artiom Kravchenko, Manager - Engineering & Supply Chain at Michael Page, in case you have any questions on 0733254911.