You will be part of an ambitious team focused on financial due diligence which forms part of the larger unit PwC Deals. You will work in teams as well as independently and you will face clients regularly. You are expected to be a driven problem solver with a strong business interest, eager to take on new challenges.
PwC is one of the world's leading consultancy firm, helping companies across a wide range of industries to deal with complex business challenges. PwC Sweden is the market leader within auditing, tax and advisory services, with 2,900 people at 33 offices throughout the country. PwC's 36,000 clients are comprised of global enterprises, large companies and organisations, SME´s and the public sector.
Transaction Services (FDD) is part of PwC Deals and works with financial due diligence and other transaction advisory services especially in connection with acquisitions and divestments for their Private Equity and Corporate clients. Their analysis focuses on understanding and analysing the development of the most important value drivers in the target company, establishing the true underlying historical results, cash flows and evaluating a company's ability to reach its forecast - all for the purpose of presenting relevant financial data and insights into a M&A transaction.
As part of the client base, PwC works primarily with the largest Nordic and global Private Equity companies and large industrial companies both in Sweden and globally. Furthermore, and as a consequence of PwC's international reach, the work involves a lot of international contacts within the framework of PwC's global network.
A career within Transaction Services (FDD)
PwC Deals and Transaction Services have been experiencing strong growth and an increased demand for the services and are now looking for several additional team members. A career within their Financial Due Diligence practice will provide you the opportunity to help PwC's clients realise their potential in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital markets. In short, PwC help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights PwC helps their clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
As part of PwC's Transaction Services' team, your responsibilities will include, but might not be limited to, the following:
- Provide both corporate and financial buyers with peace of mind by analysing and validating financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions being made.
- Provide solutions (through deal documents or deal structure) to identified issues; take into consideration client and target attributes.
- Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets.
- Review of the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, terms and covenants.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of current accounting standards that could impact the transaction (e.g., IFRS, carve-outs) in order to develop thorough assessments of issues identified through research, analysis and consultation with technical experts.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively assess/analyse client valuation models and provide meaningful feedback that impacts transaction pricing and/or purchase/sale agreement.
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business.
- Review of sale and purchase agreement and correlating findings from the due diligence process therein.
In order to be successful within PwC's Transaction Services department, candidates should have highly developed interpersonal skills and as such a strong capacity to establish trustworthy contacts. Additionally, your interpersonal skills allow you to collaborate in a positive and enthusiastic manner with both internal and external stakeholders. Additional qualities valued by PwC include taking initiative, being communicative, having a strong analytical ability, a capacity for being creative and strong business acumen.
In Addition To The Above, We Believe That You
- Have a Master's Degree in Business, Economics,Finance or Engineering
- Have a minimum of 4 years' relevant professional experience within either:
- Transaction Services (Tier 1, Tier 2 firms) combined with relevant Deals experience
- Business Controlling, preferably with an initial career within Audit and/or Accounting
- Corporate M&A department
- Credit Controlling and/or Credit Analysis
- Strong command of Accounting principles (Swedish GAAP, International Standards such as IFRS)
- Strong analytical capacity combined with an outstanding business acumen
- Fluency in English and Swedish (spoken & written) is mandatory
- An exception to the latter can be made for candidates with a strong track record within Transaction Services
PwC Deals is now offering a unique opportunity to qualified professionals to join their Transaction Services (FDD) orgnanisation in Stockholm, Göteborg and/or Malmö, offering the possibility to build a career in Sweden's, and one of the world's largest, consultancy firms within audit, tax and advisory services.
Contact Andrew Burnett at Michael Page: 0733245887 /