Sr Accountant to MSD Nordics in Stockholm!
Medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD's Financial division helps plan and analyze the resources that allow us to continue advancing medical innovation around the world. This team of attentive, exacting individuals prepares and organizes financial assets in order to drive MSD's momentum towards providing the world with an evolving, diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products that fuel global wellness.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant for our Finance team in Sweden.
As a Senior Accountant, you will ensure accurate maintenance of Accounts in cooperation with internal & external Business Partners and maintains supporting documentation, you will support month, quarter and year-end close and manage Intercompany Charge back process. You will report to Accounting Lead in Sweden and will act as a back up to Accounting Lead when required.
Major activities for the role will be the following:
* Managing assigned General Ledger accounts and supports month end close activities to ensure that financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and statutory requirements
* Managing payroll accounting and cooperates with outsourced payroll providers as necessary
* Ensuring all assigned accounts are reconciled in a timely manner, balances are accurate and transactions correctly booked.
* Supporting Business Compliance activities from a financial perspective (eg EFPIA reporting),
* Supporting Internal, external and Tax audits * Advanced education in accounting (professional degree) and at least 2 to 5 years of experience in Accounting
* English and Swedish business proficient
* Adhering to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behavior in all interactions
* Ability to manage assigned processes & tasks independently with minimal supervision
* Being stakeholder focused, structured and reliable person that adheres to agreed timelines
* Experience with SAP FI/CO modules, advanced user of Excel
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we're inventing for life.
You are welcome to apply online, the application deadline is August 13th, 2018.
About MSD in the Nordics
For over 125 years and counting MSD has revolutionized global health care. Today, more than 800 people work for MSD in the Nordics alone. Innovation is our life's blood, and you will be a part of developing new and customer centric health care solutions that go beyond medicine to help people be well and live better lives during treatment. We have a strong pipeline of products within medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products. We work every day to make healthcare accessible to as many as possible, which requires top talent within both R&D, marketing, finance, health economy and policy shaping. Globally, we operate in 140 countries and demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships.. For more information, visit www.workforlife.com [https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/ykphCXLQ9F4xKBS675TQ?domain=workforlife.com]