About the organization
Our main objective is to develop new products and solutions. We work in a global organization towards customer and markets. Our target segments are Coatings & Resins and Synthetic lubricants, and we explore opportunities in other areas such as polymer materials, agriculture, energy sector and homecare. A major driver for innovations is sustainability making that important in everything we do.
Application Development department predicts and confirms properties of targeted applications by designing molecules and formulations, perform application experiments in lab scale and then characterize the properties and correlate to the design and process conditions. The laboratories are well-equipped and contain facilities and equipment for synthesis, formulating, radiation curing, 3D printing, polymer material processing and characterization of chemical, thermal, mechanical and visual properties.
Our daily work includes products and application development in multiple projects and concepts as well as technical application support for existing portfolio of products. We work with colleagues across Strategic Markets & Innovation and other parts of the company such as regulatory affairs, operation and sales.
About the position
- To work with development activities of relatively high complexity in polymer chemistry and application development
- Independently manage application development tasks with high complexity including investigate, predict, plan, synthesis, characterize and correlate properties to design and propose way forward.
- Drive competence development and grow external networks in your area of expertise
Who are you?
- PhD in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, material chemistry or equivalent experience
- Proven and deep competence in chemical synthesis, structure, and chemical, physical, mechanical and visual properties of polymers and macromolecules alone and in application matrices.
- Experience from an industrial and explorative R&D environment
- Experience within Resins & Coatings is a merit
- Spoken and written English is required since we work in a global environment.
As a person you are positive, curious and can easily adopt to a changing environment. You enjoy both working in teams as well as individually. You can easily iterate between theory and practice. You can drive yourself and involve others towards defined goals. You are not afraid to learn from failures. You understand the value of efficient communication and networking as keys for success.
The position is placed in Perstorp in the southern part of Sweden. This is a permanent position. For more information please contact:
Anette Immelborn by phone: 0729-779637 or by email: [ Email address blocked ]
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,350 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2020 amounted to 9.2 billion SEK.
Learn more at [ Link removed ]