Interested in delivering projects in a global pharmaceutical environment?
Hays is now recruiting for a Global Project Leader for a 6-months contract assignment at AstraZeneca. You will be employed by us, but working at AstraZeneca in Södertälje.
Your new company
At Hays Life Sciences we are specialists in recruiting within the pharmaceutical industry and we are now looking for a consultant for a 6 month assignment with our client AstraZeneca.
About the new role
Make a meaningful impact on people's lives with life-changing medicines
Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality. It's inspiring and rewarding work, influencing every part of the product lifecycle to deliver life-changing medicines. To ultimately make people's lives better - from patients and their families to all of us in society!
GSC&S Projects is a team within Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSC&S) in Operations, which leads global and multi-regional projects and programs affecting the AZ commercial pharmaceutical supply chain and Operations. GSC&S Projects has specific accountability for business projects and programs that require cross-region or cross-Operations leadership and coordination. Examples of such programs are; Post Approval Changes that impact multiple sites, Asset Establishment and Divestment, and Legislative driven programs impacting the supply chain.
What you'll need to succeed
o be successful in this role, you will have experience of delivering projects in a global pharmaceutical environment, through leading a cross-functional project teams across multiple regions and global functions.
AstraZeneca has offices in Sweden (Gärtuna), and UK (Macclesfield), and it is expected that the successful applicant will work from one of these offices for 2 - 3 days per week.
What you'll get in return
* Leadership of international and cross-functional business projects, involving establishing and leading global project teams to deliver projects to time, cost, quality standards and ensuring regulatory compliance.
* Support Program Leads with delivery and management of global programs and/or sub-projects.
* Identifying and managing significant risks to project delivery and developing associated mitigation plans.
* Deal with a wide range of complex problems that require well developed conceptual thinking and judgement to find solutions, which are often innovative. Problems encountered may be complex, requiring consideration of a diverse range of factors (e.g. financial, legal, fiscal, compliance, technical, political and personnel).
* Communicate effectively at different levels (up to Vice President), across different functions within the organization, and with key stakeholders to negotiate and influence the beliefs, opinions and behaviours of others over a range of issues. This will require well-developed stakeholder management skills and cultural sensitivity.
* Develop a wide network of contacts, internally (across several functions and regionally/globally) and externally.
* As required, act as a representative of the function within AstraZeneca and of the company externally.
* Contribute to standardizing, continuously improving, developing and managing our frameworks and business processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Business Project Management experience in the pharma industry, including supply chain change projects
* Supply chain management experience and knowledge is highly valued.
* Theoretical & practical knowledge of project management with proven delivery.
* Educated to degree level in a scientific, engineering or business discipline.
* Experience of working in cross-functional teams from across multiple countries.
* Able to operate independently and make sound business decisions with limited information available.
* Able to manage cultural differences sensitively and negotiate different interests.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job ID: 900442