SKF works to reduce friction, make things run faster, longer, cleaner and safer. Doing this in the most effective, productive and sustainable way has made the SKF Group a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring, asset efficiency optimization, engineering consultancy and training.
SKF is now looking for a hands-on and results-oriented
to join our growing team.
You will be part of the Future Factory team tasked to transform and equip the SKF Group Manufacturing footprint with digital solutions, skills and knowledge to strengthen World Class Manufacturing for competitive advantage. You will be responsible for digital platform infrastructure development, standards and practices in digital manufacturing.
Your day-to-day work and responsibilities
- Drive the industrial digital platform development together with high-performing cross-functional Future Factory team, aligned with business demands and priorities
- Assess the demands and translate them to infrastructure development requirements and infrastructure architectures
- Provide guidance and steer on industrial digital platform architectures and related infrastructure practices to the SKF Manufacturing community
- Innovate with latest technologies to find new technology enablers for additional business benefits
- Involvement in key initiatives to safeguard their execution
We expect you to have
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to contribute as a leading member of global, distributed transformation team focused on delivering quality services and solutions for the global SKF Manufacturing footprint
- MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar
- MCSA, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator, Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect, or similar certifications
- Strong hands-on experience in infrastructure design and implementation in on-premises (Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Hyper-V) and in cloud (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in middleware management on-premises (MS SQL, MQ, IIS, Docker/K8S) and cloud (Azure SQL, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Web Apps, Azure IoT Hub/Azure Edge Hub)
- Experience in Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud services in Microsoft Azure
- Basic knowledge on infrastructure automation (DevOps, IaC, CI/CD, Terraform, PowerShell, C#, Python)
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Opportunity to work with diverse workforce in an international environment
- Interesting challenges in driving the digital readiness and digital solutions development to the full scope of SKF Manufacturing footprint
- Professional growth opportunities in working with cutting edge technology such as Azure Stack HCI, Azure Stack Edge, Azure Hybrid Cloud*
*) SKF is featured in e.g. Microsoft Ignite 2021, Microsoft Build 2021, Microsoft Hybrid Cloud Digital Event 2021 for their hybrid-cloud technology deployments
Preferred location: Gothenburg (GOT) / Schweinfurt (GER) / Airasca (AIR) or any other major SKF manufacturing site.
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV and cover letter (in English) no later than July 9, 2021. Please note that we can't accept applications via e-mail.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.
Internet Of Things (Io T)