Are you an experienced accountant looking to work at a leading company within the payment industry? Then this might be something for you.
Trustly is an international leading company within the fin-tech industry that makes payments easier for vendors and consumers. Through their platform for digital payments, they are paving the ground for a world with safe payments without debit/credit cards, sign up or apps. With a strong growth and a praised work culture, Trustly has become one of the most attractive workplaces in Stockholm. Due to parental leave they need an Accountant to assist the Scandinavian accounting team consisting of 4 people from August and one year ahead.
As Accounting Associate your work tasks include:
- General bookkeeping in local GAAP for Nordic countries
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts
- Manage accounts payable on a daily basis, such as processing and payment of vendor bills, identifying and creating new vendors according to policy and allocating vendor bills with correct details according to organizational structure.
- Manage and reconcile fixed assets including depreciations
- Manage and review expenses according to the company's policy
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances per legal entity
- Prepare and bookkeep amortization schedules (prepayments)
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly closings in cooperation with the Accounting Manager and Group Accounting Manager
- Balance- and profit sheet reconciliations together with the Accounting Manager on a monthly basis
- Manage and reconcile intangible assets (development expenditure) in legal entity
- Create and process internal invoices within the Group
- Preparation of notes for Swedish legal entities and for the Group, in cooperation with both Accounting Manager and Group Accounting Manager
- Be responsible for preparing Swedish annual reports according to K3 - standard. -Important
- Work towards Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway
- Other ad-hoc tasks, such as assisting the organization with different accounting-related questions
Main interface and collaboration
The Accountant will have frequent communication with other departments connected to the finance team, such as Cash Management, Banking Relations, Payroll, Tax Department, Business Control and Corporate Systems. The Accountant is also expected to communicate with other offices within Trustly, as well as consultants and auditors, in the Nordic area.
To be successful in the roll you need:
- 3-5 years of experience within accounting
- Preferably experience from an accounting firm
- All-round and broad experience
- Problem solving skills
- To be organizational and administrative with high attention to details
- To be a team player with strong collaborative and supportive skills
- Analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Requirement: Experience in reporting according to K3
- Stress resistant
- Independent and proactive
If you are interested in growing as an accountant within a great company with high pace, send your application to Dennis at Michael Page. The job is expected to start in August and lasts for a year.