SKF and its Digital Product Design team is looking for a Service Designer who loves to facilitate and use collaborative design methods to create a service-oriented mindset that focuses on delivering customer value. This value, we call ‘Rotation-as-a-Service'. It focuses on improving the overall efficiency of our customers rotating equipment by combining our unique application insights, together with the right products, connected technologies and solutions.
You will join an established Design Team made up of UX Designers, UI Designers, Researchers as well as additional Service Designers. Our team is part of SKF’s Digital Transformation Innovation organization who plays a crucial part in developing the digital landscape.
Our mission is to create an open, fun and innovative organization with the aim to change the future and continue our digital transformation by putting people at the center. Our belief is if we make it easy and enjoyable for people to be our customers, we will generate more revenue and stay competitive. And we need you, as a Service Designer, to encourage SKF to focus on the people we are creating our value for.
If you enjoy working within the problem space and get satisfaction of doing the hands-on-work of stakeholder alignment, communication and facilitation to deliver a world class service, then this role is for you!
Your day-to-day work will be to
• Work with Customers, Product Managers, Sales, and the wider organization to create service concepts focused on delivering customer and business value
• Use design methods to shape innovation processes, whilst influencing and building capacity in others to move towards a service centric mindset
• Facilitate workshops, conduct research, gather customer insights, and communicate findings along with the support of your fellow Designers
• Help set direction and embed good practice within the Design Team, Sales and Product Management
• Enable alignment within the Design Team with clear communication that articulates design decisions to achieve business and customer objectives
We expect you to have
• At least 5 years professional experience working as a designer
• University degree within a design, creative or human behaviour related field
• Comfortable and enjoy facilitating workshops
• Experience working within enterprise services within large to mid-sized organisations
• Proficient in English and Swedish
You will enjoy working here if
You are a service minded and customer centric team player that is driven by the interaction of team members as well as stakeholders. You have high integrity, strong networking skills, and the ability to build relationships with people on all kind of levels in different organizations. You have a willingness to learn and support others to learn.
• A job in an international environment
• To be part of a Design Team that is fostering and growing Design as a discipline at SKF
• To be part of driving digital transformation within SKF and accelerating change
• To be a part of a diverse team where you face exciting challenges and varied tasks
Additional information for you
Location: Global, preferably Gothenburg or one of the main SKF sites.
The position reports to Global Design Manager – Digital Product Design.
For more information and questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Danijel Sjögren, Recruitment Expert at SKF Group Recruitment Center, at [ Link removed ] .
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with resume and cover letter in English no later than the 8th of August 2021.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.