Volvo Group IT
Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Service Delivery Leader, Application Infrastructure
Volvo Group IT
Group IT governs the overall Process and IT efficiency within the Group. The function drives the usage of common processes, common IT systems and IT infrastructures.
Infrastructure & Onsite Services (IOS)
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group IT infrastructure services. As the majority of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.
The mission of Service Management is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Service Management contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality.
We are now looking for one Service Delivery Leader for Application Infrastructure
In this role you will be reporting to the Director Application Infrastructure within Volvo Group IT/ Infrastructure & Onsite Services / Service Management. The Application Infrastructure portfolio is divided into two sub-portfolios:
- The Application Hosting sub-portfolio - including on premise, hybrid cloud and public cloud, for all technical platforms used by the Volvo Group
- The Data and Information sub-portfolio - including platforms for integration services, business intelligence, big data and analytics including artificial intelligence and machine learning
This Service Delivery Leader role will be located in the Application Hosting sub-portfolio. Role mission & context:
The mission is to ensure that all services within the service area are delivered according to contracted supplier obligations. The focus is to deliver business benefits by managing deliveries of services, in close collaboration with Volvo stakeholders and with the supplier(s).
The Service Delivery Leader monitors the actual services levels, controls that they are in line with targeted service levels, and manages corrective actions with the supplier(s). Also, the Service Delivery Leader oversees and participates in runtime process interactions with the supplier(s): releases and deployments, change management, escalation of incidents and problems, etc.
The Service Delivery Leader is commercially responsible for services delivered by the supplier(s), which includes both budgeting and follow-up, notably approving all service volumes invoiced by the supplier(s). Key responsibilities:
General skills required:
- Define, drive and engage in stakeholder interaction model and communication
- Coordinate supplier deliveries including overall interaction model between Volvo and supplier stakeholders
- Oversee management of service incidents & problems with the supplier, notably handling of related escalations
- For shared infrastructure changes, approve that the change plan, risk mitigation plan and schedule are acceptable from a business point of view. Ensure adequate testing prior to their implementation. Review and approve changes in production and could participate in Enterprise change advisory board
- Service delivery governance and service improvements
- Compare the actual service levels with the targeted service levels in cooperation with the supplier
- Provide report and alerts regarding actual service levels. Follow up on SLAs and report quality
- In case of service level breach, make sure the appropriate corrective action plan is developed and implemented. If target service level is not met, challenge and assist the supplier(s) with the development and implementation of corrective action plans
- Financial, contractual and commercial management of services
- Forecast, budget and follow up on volumes and total costs
- Follow-up on volumes and total costs for services consumed by Volvo: approve volumes invoiced by supplier and ensure corrections when needed
- Responsible for Product Management of retained infrastructure products (including software licenses) within own portfolio: global cost center structure, budgeting, cost distribution and follow-up according to targets
- Software asset management
- within own portfolio of services, contribute for optimization of software usage and compliance, including current and future volumes, costs and contractual models for software
- Contribute to the optimization of the overall financial model of software under Volvo contracts (some of which are under outsourcing partner operational responsibility) as well as software included in outsourcing partner’s services
Additional competencies and experience required:
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
We can offer:
- Service oriented mindset and business mindset
- Strong experience of public and hybrid cloud service management
- Strong ITIL processes experience
- Solid experience of running business with financial accountability
- Experience in managing relationship and negotiations with supplier(s)
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player in the Volvo IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality. Location:
Flexible (preferably Gothenburg or Lyon) Travel required:
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. For further information please contact:
David Zakai, Director Application Infrastructure, Service Management IOS, phone: +46 739029541
Sonia Ponsio, HR Business Partner for IOS Service Management, phone +33 665896107