REP – Rotating Equipment Performance – is SKF’s offer in improving overall efficiency to our customers rotating equipment by combining unique application insights together with the right products connected to technologies and solutions. The REP offer moves away from a traditional transactional approach where bearings are purchased on price and instead focuses on rotating equipment performance and cost efficiency model.
Within our Digital Transformation Innovation organization, with around 60 people, we own the task to deliver solutions that support our strategy and business needs. This newly formed organization will play a crucial part in developing the digital landscape together with other departments who are executing different parts of the decided solutions. Our mission is to create an open, exciting and innovative organization with the aim to change the future, where we support each other and work together to secure our organization’s and SKF’s progress.
In order for us to execute on our plans and commitment, and reach our goals, we are now looking for a Senior Solution Architect to help us develop the digital landscape. You will play an important role in understanding gaps and potentials, and take ownership in designing specific solutions for different business needs.
As Senior Solution Architect, your key areas of responsibilities include:
• Understand the desired business outcome and define solutions to meet those, in collaboration with different areas within SKF.
• Understand the business' processes in order to create a cohesive vision of a usable product.
• Assess the digital landscape and architecture currently in place and work with different functions on how to enable solutions to business needs.
• Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have and provide guidance to development organizations.
• Analyze and continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed to specific business problems and needs.
• Investigate what framework, platform, or tech-stack can be used to create a solution, and describe how the application/solution will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
• Consider and describe how things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained.
• Figure out the risk in third-party frameworks/platforms.
As Senior Solution Architect, you will play an active part in connecting with your colleagues in supporting and coaching them, as well as interacting with the leadership team of Digital Transformation Innovation to plan coming tasks. Participation in different project meetings and demos are also common activities.
Knowledge and Experience required:
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Solid experience from complex enterprise architectures including Connectivity solutions, Embedded systems and other business relative systems.
• Experience in defining solutions to business needs and hands-on experience in developing software products.
• Experience in agile development, preferable scaled agile methods.
• Knowledge within AWS or other Cloud providers (meritorious).
• Knowledge and/or experience in microservices architecture (meritorious).
• Knowledge and/or experience in data management (meritorious).
• Leadership capabilities with ability to engage and communicate with others.
• Fluency in English, other language skills are meriting.
• Open to travel if needed for specific activities.
You will enjoy working here if
• You appreciate working in a dynamic team, interacting with team members and stakeholders, and have the ability to build, form and maintain relationships with people on all kinds of levels within the organization.
• You are self-sufficient in your role, quickly understanding business needs and have the capacity in driving own work with focus on speed and high quality.
• You have a willingness to further develop and learn, and support others in their own development.
What we offer:
• An exciting role in an entrepreneurial and agile department, playing an important part in driving digital transformation within SKF.
• A highly innovative and technical environment with focus on high speed in delivery.
• An international work environment with a dynamic and diverse team.
• Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development.
This position is global and will require frequent collaboration and networking via Teams, telephone and e-mail. Occasional travelling may be necessary. The successful candidate will be part of the Digital Transformation Innovation organization.
For information and questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Patrik Schultzén, Recruitment Expert at SKF, +46 31 337 12 70 or [ Email address blocked ]
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with a CV in English no later than the 8th of August 2021.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.