Do you have a soft spot for automatic control engineering? Then this position might be for you. Hiab are pioneers and a global leader within providing on-road handling equipment, intelligent services, and digitally connected solutions. With over 3,400 employees, Hiab are working are the front lines of tomorrows technology, from their office in beautiful Hudiksvall. Sounds exciting? They are now looking to expand their Control Systems Department with a Software feature engineer, take the chance and apply!
Hiabs control systems consists of hydraulics, electronics, and software algorithms, that combines to create their complex loader crane system. With their roots in the beautiful northern city of Hudiksvall, known for its proximity to the coast, their picturesque houses and open community, Hiabs office consists of about 100 employees. With modern facilities, and a topnotch lab where you can both construct, test and design your products, HIAB offers the opportunity to work in exiting projects, with a diverse and experienced team. Currently, they are working on the future of automatised products.
You are offered
* A role at an innovative and world leading workplace, nationally as well as internationally
* The chance to be a part of developing tomorrows technology
* A open and communicative work teamArbetsuppgifter
As a software feature engineer, you will be responsible of developing new features for the cranes in Matlab/Simulink, providing the requirement specification regarding the software. The features might be for assisting the operator, creating a safer work environment or a more automated crane. This involves all the steps from initial requirements to validation on the real product.
Some examples of tasks you will be working with:
* Develop new crane features from requirements to implementation on a crane via their Hardware and Human-in-the-loop simulators.
* Be apart of the process from beginning to end, seeing the product through modelling, testing/simulating and validating on real cranes.
* Close cooperation with the test-team, as well as other teams within the organization
With a high-tech lab available, Hiab works with, for an example, Crane Tip Control, CTC, that makes it easier to drive the crane. In CTC you control the tip of the crane rather than the individual crane actuators. HIAB are also involved in research projects regarding ML (Machine Learning) and control algorithms.
For examples regarding HIABs crane features, please visit their Youtube Channel
Vi söker dig som
* Someone who has a relevant engineering degree, that has included courses withautomatic control engineering
* Has at least 3 years of experience in embedded systems development
* Has at least 3 years of experience in function development
* Has previous knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
* Are fluent in English, regarding both speech and writing, with a will to learn Swedish
We see it as meritorious is you are fluent in Swedish, both in speech and writing.
As a person you are:
* Start: September
* Work extent: Full-time
* Location: Hudiksvall
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Hiab that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Information om företaget
Hiab is the world's leading provider of on-road load handling equipment, intelligent services and digitally connected solutions. As the industry pioneer, Hiab's more than 3,400 employees worldwide focus on their commitment to increase efficiency in our customers' businesses and to shape the future of intelligent load handling.
Hiab is part of Cargotec.