At AstraZeneca we win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to show what science can do.
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically curious scientist to join Mechanistic & Structural Biology as a Senior Research Scientist. You will have the opportunity to utilize your scientific capabilities to contribute to the progression of key drug discovery programs in a highly collaborative environment. This consulting position will be located at our vibrant R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will apply proven cell biology expertise for profiling of the effects and mechanism of action of compound treatment in in vitro cellular assays.
In this position, you will join a department whose remit is to support our BioPharmaceuticals drug discovery projects globally with early DMPK assessment, SAR profiling and detailed mechanism of action data. We offer a highly rewarding scientific environment and strong team working ethics. Mechanistic & Structural Biology (MSB) is a part of Discovery Sciences - a multidisciplinary department which drives early drug discovery across AstraZeneca’s global Research and Development portfolio.
This is a lab-based role focused on generating in vitro pharmacology data in support of drug discovery projects globally with focus on SAR profiling and detailed mechanism of action data in cellular models across multiple modalities including small molecules, PROTACS and therapeutic oligonucleotides. We offer a highly rewarding scientific environment with ample learning opportunities and an expectation to publish new findings. You will be an experienced lab-based scientist, able to interact across a broad range of therapeutic projects and global initiatives within Discovery Sciences and externally. You will also represent the group on Project Teams and drive scientific and technical innovation in our strategic area, including the identification and development of innovative processes and workflows to deliver high quality and detailed data efficiently.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Biochemistry or a related discipline or a BSc/MSc degree with significant proven experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
- Extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, including qPCR, applied to physiologically relevant cellular assays.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills and an ability to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary research environment and team
- Independent analysis and evaluation of complex data and delivery of data to agreed timelines
- First-rate decision-making skills, coupled with tenacity to see decisions through, even in situations of ambiguity
- Scientific visibility and leadership through project contributions and external publications
Desirable Experiences and Abilities:
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of cellular assays for compound profiling
- Experience with additional technologies for quantifying levels and turn-over of nucleic acids in cells is considered meriting
- Proven ability in providing technical leadership and guidance to others
- Track record of identifying and adopting scientific and technical advances
- Excellent problem-solving skills, not limited to own area of expertise
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2021-09-24, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Kerstin Karlsson, [ Email address blocked ] or Veronika Knudsen [ Email address blocked ]