Translational Genomics at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden, have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to be part of the Transgenic Mouse Models team. The position is a consulting assignment available immediately for a highly skilled and motivated molecular biologist with extensive experience and state-of-the-art knowledge in the design and generation of DNA based constructs using a wide range of cloning techniques and their application in science & technology. If this sounds like the challenge for you, apply today!
We are looking for an expert in the area of molecular biology, experienced in a variety of cloning techniques used for the generation of complex DNA constructs and their application in the development of transgenic models. This person will devise, champion and develop scientific areas aligned with project needs and be an authority in the area of molecular biology and precise genome editing using the latest techniques to lead projects from a lab-based perspective and to make significant contributions to the practical delivery of AstraZeneca project goals.
You will provide disciplinary scientific expertise and will propose experimental strategies, troubleshoot problems and make significant contributions to the delivery of projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility policies and relevant safety standards.
We see that you have good social and communication skills, are collaborative and a strong team player. You should also be able to work independently and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. Excellent English is required, both spoken and written, and good organizational skills are essential.
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Molecular biology expertise with extensive DNA cloning experience
- Experience of working with cell culture.
- Working knowledge of the latest precise genome engineering tools such as CRISPR.
The following skills, although not essential, would be an advantage
- Experience of working with preclinical mouse models.
- Experience of working with Bacterial Homologous Recombination.
- Knowledge around the generation and phenotypic characterization of transgenic animal models.
- Experience in drug discovery.
- You should have a Ph.D. degree or corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline or, alternatively, a first degree and significant relevant experience.
Generic component of SRS role descriptor
- To design genome editing-based strategies and tools required to generate DNA based reagents to facilitate the generation of transgenic mouse models
- To perform genetic screens in vitro and in vivo using genome editing tools
- To perform confirmation assays of genetic manipulation
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2021-09-23, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Kerstin Karlsson, [ Email address blocked ] or Veronika Knudsen [ Email address blocked ]