As one of the fastest growing food-tech companies in the EU we are excited to expand our team. Are you an expert in developing new products? Then this is the position for you! In this role, you will work with industrial development and vegan food processes, from idea to market.
Mycorena is a quickly growing company of meat analogues in the food industry. Their product is Promyc, a sustainably produced, vegan mycoprotein that they are producing and developing in their facilities in Gamlestaden, Sweden. Since the founding in 2017, they have grown from a lab scale to a pilot-production facility and to a team of 20 people.
Mycorena is passionate about what they do and if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive and engaged team and get excited by the prospect of finding solutions in tough situations, you will feel right at home in this team.
To take Mycorena’s research to the next level, they are looking for a talented Product Developer to join the team and produce an award winning meat alternative product. As a Product Developer, you will be part of the very core of Mycorena. From researching new areas in food technology to evaluating your findings in the lab, you will be working with the full product development process from concept to commercialization. As responsible for the product developing process, you will play an important role in the team. As innovation is key, there will be several exciting research projects to take the lead on as well.
As the main responsible for the development of Mycorenas products, you will be:
- Developing new vegan food products from Mycorena’s mycoprotein to meet customers’ needs efficiently. You will be leading the development work from early prototypes to commercialisation.
- Developing production lines to upscale the food production.
- Coordinating the development process with the Product Development team, including everything from recipe adjustments, taste panels, ingredient sourcing, production process, certifications, labelling, packaging, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, hygiene, traceability, regulations, etc. for Mycorenas finished food products.
- Working closely with Mycorena’s production team, ensuring that food manufacturing, processing, consumer and industry follows standards and regulations.
- Market research by contacting clients, sales staff and by visiting production sites.
You hold an MSc in biotechnology, microbiology, fermentation or similar fields.
To succeed in the role you have experience of developing food products. Specifically, you have worked with developing vegan/vegetarian products or meat analogues. Knowledge in HACCP will be an asset in the role. Additionally, you have excellent skills in managing projects. You are fluent in English.
You have an ability to plan, lead and prioritize activities to develop new products for use while closely collaborating cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders. As a person, you are self-driven, innovative and have a solution-oriented mindset. You believe in ‘sharing is caring’ and enjoy sharing knowledge and research insights with the rest of the team. Lastly, working in a fast-paced environment means that we all need to be flexible, efficient and ambitious team players in order to reach our mission.
Last day for application: 2021-09-29, selection and interviews will be ongoing. Please, register your application at randstad.se as soon as possible.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Linda Inge [ Email address blocked ] .
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.