Function & Role
The Nordic Internal Audit team of Skanska AB is responsible for planning, leading and performing audits according to the Audit Plan. Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Internal Audit and Compliance is to increase shareholder value by;
• Provide independent and objective assurance services designed to improve the internal control environment within Skanska Group
• Ensure Group compliance with applicable laws and listing requirements relating to Internal Control
• Support the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes within the Group.
The Nordic team consist of one manager and two auditors. The audit team in almost all audits consist of two members from the Nordic team and reports to David Jerhov, Head of Internal Audit and Compliances Nordic
Your main tasks & responsibilities
The position as an Auditor requires strong integrity and capability to build good relations with Business Units organizations, such as controlling, risk and legal. Areas of responsibility is mainly:
• Planning, performing and reporting on audit procedures performed
• Evaluating internal reporting, control, risk- and process environment
• Identifying ongoing compliance issues, process weaknesses, and providing practical recommendations
In addition to regular audits, conducting investigations of possible ethical breaches is included in the role.
The work involves extensive traveling (4-6 days/month) mainly in the Nordic countries, but in order to use and develop the global group's knowledge and experience in the best way, travel to other parts of the world can also occur.
Qualifications & Skills
- Academic degree in Finance, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience from one or more of the positions below:
- Manager with in financial and/or accounting units, such as business or project controller or manager position in financial support units.
- Auditor from a consultant company with experience in the field of external and internal audit with a solid track from financial, process, control and IT audits.
- It is necessary to be fluent, both orally and in written, in either Swedish or Norwegian and English
An auditor is analytical, curious and have the ability to build trust. It is also of high importance that the auditor is a driven person and have a high working capacity. Furthermore, the auditor needs to have a strategic as well as an operational approach and need to be a good team player with strong communication skills.
Internal Audit reviews internal and external compliance, that requires the ability to communicate unpretentious and objective criticism to the audited unit management.
For further information about this position and the recruitment process, please contact Sara Borgeström, Recruitment Consultant at SJR, at 070-4715914 or [ Email address blocked ] .
As selections and interviews are made on an ongoing basis, please send your application as soon as possible.
We’re a global construction and development company built on 134 years of knowledge and experience. You’ll find our offices across the Nordics, Central & Eastern Europe, UK, and the USA. Together, we’re 38,000+ expert colleagues, change-makers, mothers and fathers, creators and explorers shaping society towards a smarter and more sustainable future. Each of us play a vital role in telling the Skanska story.
At our headquarters in Stockholm we set the direction for the company at large and for our local units to thrive. Among other things, we create global policies and strategies, define and follow up on targets, and ensure financial capacity. While we may be builders by trade, we’re human-centric by nature. Every decision we make, big and small, has an impact. That’s why we believe in putting people, communities, and our environment at the heart of everything we do.