Polarium is a Swedish company dedicated to providing the best performing, safe and sustainable energy storage solutions built on lithium-ion technology. Polarium’s headquarters and R&D center are situated in Sweden and the manufacturing in Mexico. Through its global sales channels and representation in the US, South Africa, Sweden, UK, New Zealand and Indonesia, Polarium serves customers worldwide. Today, our market-leading solutions are in use on all continents and in all climate zones – from the Equator to the Arctic.
About the job
We are looking for our new Senior Hardware Engineer who will be responsible for electronics hardware design with focus on power converters, switches, and distributions. The role also includes to participate in pre-studies of new applications, technologies, and product areas as well as to support internal and external stakeholders with your expertise. The position is based at our office in Oskarshamn. Business trips will occur occasionally, both international and within Sweden.
- Expert within AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC converters
- Design state of the art power converters in ranges 30 V-2 kV, 100 W – 1 MW
- Design high-power solid-state switches
- Develop the team tools and methods together with the team
- Participate in process improvements and way of working
- Design modularized design blocks with re-use capabilities
- Act as mentor and technical lead for power designs
Who are you?
We are looking for a highly driven and pro-active person with a passion for hardware engineering, who constantly seeks new knowledge within the area. You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience from similar position, and we believe you have knowledge from agile development and enjoy fast growing cooperate environment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent experience within the power area
- Preferably experience of batteries
- Excellent experience using application specific software’s
- Strong communications skills in English, both spoken and written
- Speak and understand Swedish
- Relevant higher education
- Swedish work permit
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Polariums future success. We also offer a competitive bonus system and a high wellness contribution.