As Senior Controls Engineer you will play a key role in the electrical design of the manufacturing lines for our customers. Together with our application team you will decide on a controls solution with what´s best for our customers in mind.
You will do the preparations and specs for the project fulfillment team and safeguard that PLC/robotics/HMI programming and all related components and functions are used according to controls specs in the projects. Travels to customers will occur, mostly supporting the sales engineers and project planning. You will also take part in the development of the FlexLink controls standard.
As part of the Nordic sales unit you will be located at FlexLink Headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Main activities and responsibilities
Who are you?
- Review and troubleshoot PLC programs (Siemens S7 1500 TIA Portal and S7 300/400 Step 7 V5.5)
- Structured Software Design for standard and safety PLC programs (Siemens, Allen Bradley)
- Design, development and programming of machine visualization.
- Configuration and programming of drive systems (preferred LENZE 9400 + SEW, Siemens)
- Network setup support
- Documentation and training for customers
- Commissioning of system at customer’s site
- Involvement of FAT’s at our major workshop located in Poznan (Poland)
- Troubleshooting in Robotics-programming (ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, etc)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar from work experience
- 5+ years of experience from industrial automation, manufacturing or similar
- Structured and orderly
- Experience in PLC-programming (E.g. Siemens S7, TIA Portal, Allen Bradley)
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding and interest for system design
- Experience in Robotics-programming (ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, etc)
FlexLink is an industry leader for automated production flow solutions. Working closely with global customers, we provide innovative, optimizing solutions to produce goods smarter, safer and at lower operating costs. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, FlexLink has operating units in 26 countries and is represented in more than 60. In 2020, FlexLink had about 1,000 employees and a turnover of 220 MEUR.
FlexLink is part of Coesia, a group of 21 companies specialized in highly innovative industrial and packaging solutions based in Bologna, Italy. The Group, whose sole Shareholder and President is Isabella Seràgnoli, is present in 35 countries with 84 production plants in 136 operating units and has over 8,000 employees.
Join the team! We are looking forward to receiving your application through our job portal.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Jenny Smith at [ Link removed ]
External agencies are kindly requested not to contact the company regarding this position.