Senior Cloud Architect – Microsoft Azure
We are now looking for a colleague that can fulfill our Senior IT Architect role within the IT Architecture Team of Vattenfall IT, and take responsibility for the solution architecture for our cloud infrastructure. Are you the one?
The successful candidate will assist Vattenfall’s digital transformation. The Cloud Solutions Architect will be responsible for guiding, governing, designing enforcing cloud / infrastructure related designs for new (cloud-native) applications as well as existing business applications which are planned to migrate from the on-premises datacentres to MS Azure.
Furthermore, the Cloud Architect will be responsible to grow the Vattenfall’s central cloud platform and to constantly establish standards and architecture principles to which projects need to adhere to make the most of the established platforms.
As such, the Cloud Solutions Architect will be expected to have previous migration, platform, governance experience and a thorough understanding of cloud terms and definitions.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the following technologies:
oEnterprise Azure Subscription concepts (EA enrolment, Account, Subscription management)
oIaaS Compute (VM, VM Sizing)
oAzure Load balancer
oAzure Backup/Azure Recovery Service Vaults
oCloud/Azure Security best practices
oAzure Security Center
oAzure Monitor, LogAnalytics, OMS
oAzure Databases (incl. Azure DB Managed Instances)
oAzure App Service (WebApps, ASE)
oAdvanced Azure Networking (peered Vnets, NSG, UDR, Hub-Spoke topologies, ExpressRoute Circuits, NVAs)
oPaaS-Vnet integration, Service Endpoints
oARM Template deployments
oAzure DevOps (VSTS)
oWindows Server 2012R2, 2016,2019
oSQL Server (2014/2016/2017)
oWeb front-end technologies, IIS, Apache
oActive Directory (AD DS) and ADFS
Nice to have:
oASR (Azure Site Recory)
oAzure Data Lake Store
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a Senior IT Architect that has worked in this field for several years and have minimum 8 years of experience within IT. We believe that you have good understanding of Cloud Architecture and the professional usage of those environments.
Having had exposure to different technologies, processes is imperative, so being able to quickly oversee the landscape and impact of decisions on the larger IT-agenda.
Moreover, you have strong communication skills and can communicate with different levels in the organisation. You know how to combine and balance stakeholders’ interests and are not afraid to take decisions to ensure output is being realized. We believe that you are dedicated to your work and enjoy being in an ever-changing environment and work under pressure when needed.
The successful candidate will have the following skills.
• A proficient level of spoken and written English language.
• Previous design experience with respect to new application services in Azure
• Previous design experience with respect to application migrations
• Azure provisioning experience
• Good knowledge of IAM (Identity and Access Management”)
• Good knowledge of infrastructure components such as DNS, Load balancers
• Good knowledge of network security (perimeter security requirements, firewall rule definitions etc. )
• Good knowledge and experience of working with large Agile project teams
• A good working knowledge of Azure DevOps for repository and Agile project collaboration.
• Skills to produce enterprise ready architecture documents
• Scripting experience
• Azure DevOps knowledge
Nice to have:
• A proficient level of spoken and written German language
• A proficient level of spoken and written Swedish language
Location: Solna, Sweden, but believe that you are keen to meet with our business unit management and therefore do not have a problem with regular travel to some of our other Vattenfall locations (i.e., Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg) and also business locations in Sweden.
• We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field.
• You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues
• A professional environment where your experience, knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further and the opportunity for you to grow further.
• A central office location with easy access by public transport.
• Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession
• At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
• And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!