Are you an experienced sourcing professional with engineering background? Are direct material spend categories your field? Apply today!
Our client is an innovation company with own product and established positions on the market. Purchasing team today consists of Operative Buyers, Senior Buyers and Category Managers. As a Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for the key supplier development projects, alongside with the strategic development of the supplier management practices.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Negotiate favorable terms and long-term contracts with key suppliers mostly within direct spend
- Engage with internal business units to partner with in the selection of suppliers
- Analyze and identify opportunities to optimize supply base management
- Conduct RFPs and improves and documents standard work for the direct materials
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value
- Drive ongoing supplier optimization and continuous improvement projects
- Provide input to engineering, NPI and other teams in supplier selection and assessment
- Drive problem analysis and initiates improvement activities to streamline business processes for the procurement function and drives the documentation and implementation of enhanced business processes
- Participate or manage company-wide, multi-level, collaborative decision to set up or change cross-functional processes with other departments
- Provide leadership over cross functions and complex projects
Senior Category Manager is a Supply Chain subject matter expert on supported categories. Drives RFPs across commodities pulling in other sites when applicable. Ensures continuity of supply and maintains proper inventory levels through supplier agreements.
You will be leading cross functional teams, including planning, manufacturing, logistics to resolve supply related issues and improve supplier performance.
We believe that to be successful candidate in this recruitment process you need to have the following previous experiences and qualifications:
- BSc or MSc degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of categories within direct material spend preferably from manufacturing company within process industry (chemicals)
- Excellent track record of negotiations
- Experience of working at dynamic business environment
- Fully fluent in English. Knowledge of Swedish is a plus
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online with your CV in English as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach Artiom Kravchenko, Manager - Engineering & Supply Chain at Michael Page on 0733254911 in case you have any questions.