As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for production supplier assignments including supplier evaluation, selection, qualification of materials and supplier as well as supplier performance management
Our client is a leading company in its field. Company is developing and manufacturing own products. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the Company's solutions deliver a better way for their customers.
Your main responsibilities and duties will be to:
Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire
inventory in a cost effective and timely manner
Obtain materials, components, equipment and services
Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value
Manage assigned suppliers and commodities to acquire inventory in a cost effective, high quality performance to demand requirements
Dramatically improve supplier performance program through our supplier review board
Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased
Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate
Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing
and vendor evaluation criteria
The position will be based at company's European Manufacturing and R&D site in Stockholm area.
In this role you will have a lot of contact with other departments and groups internally: Production Planning, Logistics, Quality, Finance, Warehouse etc.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in managing suppliers, driving down costs and improving quality while optimizing the supply chain processes.
We believe that to be successful candidate in this recruitment process you need to have the following previous experiences and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in vendor management for a mid-size or large company
- Familiarity with raw materials used in manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of any large business system (preferably SAP)
- Demonstrated successful contract supplier negotiation involving any of the following: cost reduction independent of volume increase, vendor managed inventory, supply flexibility increase, etc.
- Capability of managing multiple, high-priority assignments
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet deadlines
- Fluency in Swedish and English is required
If you feel your qualifications match these requirements, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online with your CV in English as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach Artiom Kravchenko, Manager - Engineering & Supply Chain at Michael Page, in case you have any questions on 0733254911.