Senior .NET Developer - Gothenburg
Are you a Senior back-end .NET developer who has always longed for the chance to work within modern gaming?
Do you wish your current company was flexible on when you work, where you work from, and what you work on?
Are you sick of being in a team that doesn't really feel like a team?
Or do you simply want to be able to bring your dog to work with you?
Well, look no further.
My client is a Game studio based in Gothenburg. Their product is a Virtual Metaverse game with a unique integrated economic system, that has been running for over 20 years now.
The company is built up of around 60 people, and as a back-end developer, you would be part of one of their cross-functional development teams currently consisting of 10 people, all with varying sets of knowledge and skills.
The company is now ready to scale up, and you will be a fundamental part of this. As a senior developer, here's what you'd be involved in:
- Building a brand-new backend for their game; Designing, developing, deploying, and supporting scalable backend systems, databases, and solutions.
- Replacing the graphic engine of their current game; moving to Unreal Engine 5 and migrating from an old C++ code base to modern .NET (Core, 6,7), Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Aiding with the development of some of the junior developers by coaching and mentoring them.
The company can't just bring on anyone. Here is what you need to apply:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development with .NET (preferably .NETCore/ 6/7), and MS SQL.
- Experience working within a modern DevOps environment (Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD).
- Experience working on similar development journeys; migrating to more modern systems, greenfield development, working AGILE.
- Capability to sometimes meet with the team in Gothenburg and be a personality, not just someone who works on their products.
- Fluency in English, and/or Swedish.
The good bits
If you are a member of this really cool company, you will benefit from the following:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package. For more info on what this actually means in today's market, feel free to get in touch.
- Flexibility on working hours. Need to start and finish early for the school run? Or like to have an extended lunch so you can go to the gym? No problem.
- Flexibility on where you work from. Need to work remotely from the north of Sweden for 2 weeks while you're housesitting for your parents? Need to work from your sun-bed in Spain during release week? Sure thing!
- Genuinely modern tech and exciting cutting-edge game innovations. .NETCore, .NET 6 & 7, Docker, Kubernetes, etc... And if you haven't seen the Unreal 5 game engine, go check it out - [ Link removed ]
- The chance to bump heads with some really clever people in the tech industry. There are some real MVPs within the company, and there is a huge focus on collaborative working and knowledge sharing. You'll learn a lot, and help others learn a lot all at the same time. Sounds lovely doesn't it?
- Fun. Yeah fun. There is a highly social culture here, with lots of team activities, trips away, and a dog-friendly office too. Yes, even your new puppy that chews the curtains…
If you are keen to find out more about this rather unique opportunity, or if you're ready to throw your name in the hat, please get in touch with me via email at [ Email address blocked ] or via phone on +46 77 888 52 06
Job ID: 29/05/2023