About the position
Fluicell is an innovative life science company with an ambition to be a leading force for better health through precision research technologies, tissue-based disease models and regenerative medicine. We are now looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking person to be a leading force in Fluicell’s growth and business development as our new CFO. Join us in our quest to lead the next phase of health technology development.
As CFO you will be given the overall responsibility for the company’s finance function. You will be responsible for managing the financial actions of the company by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans etc. The CFO plays a critical role in driving the future of the company and will be a visible strategic leader that can execute the company’s growth vision.
You will develop financial strategies, analysis, performances, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction. You will be establishing functional objectives in line with the company objectives. You will also be responsible to build the annual budget and oversee the company’s long-term budgetary planning and cost management in line with the company’s strategic plans. Together with the CEO you will ensure human resources activities and implementation. You will also represent the company to business partners, analysts, investors, including financial institutions and auditors. Further, you will work closely with the CEO & the Chief Business development Officer with business development.Responsibilities
Ensure a business-adapted financial and financial planning, governance and control with adapted reporting and follow-up to the Board and CEO including:
- Lead the finance organization
- Sales, contribution margin and profit reporting
- Balance sheet, cash flow and liquidity reporting
- Attend board meeting, attend management team meetings
- Contact with external parties such as banks, accountants, insurance companies, etc.
- Be in charge of quarterly and annual reports
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding financial functions
- Communicate and enforce values, policies, and procedures
- Develop financial strategies, analysis, performances, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with the company objectives
- Build the annual budget and oversee the company’s long-term budgetary planning and cost management in line with the company’s strategic plans
- Work closely with the CEO & the Chief Business development Officer on business development
- Have a strategic role during capital raise (right issue/directed issue/warrants programs) and defend the company position to get an appropriate valuation. Assist the CEO with capital raise strategies (issue, grant applications etc.)
- Represent the company to business partners, analysts, investors, including financial institutions and auditorsYour profile
You have a successful track record as a CFO in a biotech, pharma, or similar records in the field from Life Science company. You also have experience from a listed company, and it is important that you have knowledge and feel comfortable with presenting the company during conferences and investor events. If you have experience of dealing with grants that's great. You should be able to communicate with VCs and investors.
Further we see that you have excellent communication skills, brilliant writing and verbal skills in both english and swedish and interpersonal skills.
To thrive in the role, you are a confident and stable person with an interest in developing and growing with the company. You are a driven, business focused person who are creative and structured with a strategic mindset. You have an unpretentious approach and value teamwork. Of course, you are solution-oriented and have a good analytical ability.
In this position you will get the chance to work in a company with ambitions and resources to grow. For the right person, great opportunities for personal and professional development are provided.
Additionally, we expect you to have:
-MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred
-Experience in accounting and financial management practices
-Experience in a senior management position
-Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets
-Financial planning and strategy, forecasting and corporate finance
-Promotion of process improvement
-Strategic planning and vision
-Promotion of process improvement
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both written and spoken
About the organisation
Fluicell is a Swedish life science company with operations in single-cell biology, drug screening and bioprinting (where biological material is used in printing different types of tissue like structures) through products and services based on microfluidic technology. The company also conducts development work in regenerative medicine of advanced therapy drugs and tissue-based research models. The company has commercialized a proprietary product portfolio to process and study individual cells. The portfolio is primary focused on biological and biomedical research as well as drug development. The company’s main products today consist of BioPen, Biopixlar, Biopixlar AER, Biozone 6, and Dynaflow Resolve.
Welcome with your application by submitting your resume and cover letter on www.poolia.se.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact recruitment consultant Elizabeth Darevik, [ Email address blocked ] , 0720-780071. Interviews take place on an ongoing basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!