On behalf of our client GEODIS – a global logistics company with local presence and roots from Gothenburg, we are now recruiting a Scandinavian Accounting Manager.
As Accounting Manager, you are responsible for delivery of accurate and reliable monthly and yearly closing and reporting in accordance to rules and regulation in the various Scandinavian countries. You have excellent communication skills, enjoy and have proven successful experience of managing a team. You will manage a team of 5 people and report directly to The Scandinavian Finance Director. You and your team are part of a large Finance team placed at our head office in central Gothenburg.
As Scandinavian Accounting Manager, you manage the activities performed by members of the Accounting team for all countries which includes the following key activities:
Annual Finance plan and budget:
- Contribute to the development of the annual finance plan and budget and develop an annual plan and budget for accounting to contribute to the efficiency and profitability of the Scandinavian countries.
- Analyse local business needs and incorporate in the Accountings annual plan and budget
- Manage the accounting process within the Scandinavian countries, in line with GEODIS Group and GEODIS policies and applicable legislations, in order to enable accurate and timely reconciliation and reporting
- Identify optimization opportunities and implement where possible.
- Perform general accounting
Financial Reporting and Audits:
- Manage data integrity and timely availability of financial information for accounting and enable correct reporting process to Country and Regional management, FMB and GEODIS Group as well as external authorities.
- Provide support with internal and external auditing process, prepare and ensure availability of documentation
- Manage timely and accurate handling of data for accounting.
- Manage the availability and administration of financial information
- Report applicable management information on accounting department to internal stakeholders
Motivate, inspire, develop and engage all direct reports.
- Steer, develop and motivate direct reports, to ensure the necessary quality and quantity of staffing for current and future needs.
- Initiate and execute Performance management process, including conducting performance appraisals and midyear reviews
- Identify team and/or individual developmental needs/ opportunities and stimulate and ensure follow-up and execution
- Communicate on strategy and business results on a regular basis. Engage dialogue to keep the communication flowing
Qualifications and experience:
- You have a University degree within Finance (Master or Bachelor) along with several years of experience in the area of accounting and taxes
- You have previous management experience in accounting as well as experience from working in a Scandinavian position in an international environment
- Preferably you have experience from the forwarding industry as well as having experience from working in matrix structure
- You are fluent in Swedish and English, both spoken and written
- You have experience in various ERP Systems as well as having excellent skills in MS Office, especially Excel
As a person you have excellent communication skills, you listen and communicate openly, honestly and respectfully within the team and with stakeholders. You are a collaborative team player who also strives for continuous improvements.
- You are Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to deliver to deadlines with a sense of urgency while retaining very good attention to detail/quality and acting in line with company policies
- You have business acumen and understanding of the business, industry principles and overall performance, in terms of the finance and profitability measures. Ability to apply this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of the company.
- You demonstrate both flexibility and high integrity/ethics in dealing with internal and external counterparties as well as having the ability to set priorities and create focus on accomplishing set objectives
- You develop and communicate ideas to solve complex issues. Interact positively with others to address misunderstandings and reach agreement. Keen to address a complex issue from various angles to understand to root cause.
GEODIS is a global logistics company with local presence and is French owned. GEODIS is a worldwide transport and logistics leader that supports clients in their daily work by helping them overcome their logistical constraints. We’re recognized for our expertise and mastery of all aspects of the supply chain, as we serve as a real growth partner for our clients. With our five lines of business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), we are a regional organization that spans all continents, with a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network covering 120 countries. GEODIS is ranked seventh in the world and fourth in Europe in our field. We are also the distribution and express leader in France.
In this recruitment process GEODIS partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultants at Meritmind, Marianne Seal on 0701 660863, or Susanne Areschoug 0701 660863. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.
Consider this before you submit your application
- Your application shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
- Make sure our name and contact information is included in your resume.
- It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
- Your application will be sent when you select the file and click Open.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Sökord: Accounting manager, redovisningsansvarig, redovisning , Bolagsansvarig, redovisningschef, Head of Accounting, Chief Accountant