Do you enjoy working in the lab and have experience within analytical characterization of active pharmaceutical ingredients? Are you interested in developing liquid formulations for early in vivo studies? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with and learn from highly motivated and skilled scientists? We are looking for you that are an analytical chemist with experience in the pre-clinical phase of drug development.
AstraZeneca is now seeking an Analytical Scientist to join our Small Molecule Preformulation and Biopharmaceutics team within the Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) function that is part of Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden.About the position
As a Scientist working in the pre-clinical development phase within ADD you will support drug projects from an analytical perspective, from the first in vivo studies to candidate drug nomination. You will focus on various small molecule projects and develop analytical assessments for PK, PK/PD studies, and toxicology studies. You will work as a member of pharmaceutical project teams, and in close collaboration with other analysts, formulators, solid state, biopharmaceutics experts at AstraZeneca giving you the opportunity to develop yourself within these fields as well.
Preferably, you should be experienced in analytical chemistry and have previously been exposed to an industrial setting. You should possess an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work, be flexible and have a collaborative and problem-solving mind-set. We are looking for a scientist with good communication and planning skills, balanced with the ability to work independently. In addition, you will need a strong sense of responsibility, team work and delivery focus.Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform essential characterization of the formulations e.g. content, impurity, pH and particle size measurements to support studies like stability, homogeneity etc.
• Generate, evaluate and report data clearly and reliably in accordance with current standard procedures.
• Give analytical support to scientific initiatives together with other specialists within these areas.
• Working as a member of cross-skilled drug development project teams.Your profile
• MSc degree in a scientific discipline relevant to analytical science (e.g., chemistry, pharmaceutical technology or equivalent qualifications).
• Basic knowledge of analytical methodologies such as spectrometry and separation science (U/HPLC).
• Understanding of principles and applications of Good Laboratory Practices (GMP/GLP).
• Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
• 3+ years of industrial experience of analytical work focused on small molecules in pre-clinical drug development phase.
• Profound knowledge within liquid based formulation science as well as analytical chemistry.About the organisation
This position is a consultant assignment until 2023-12-31 at AstraZeneca in Göteborg. During this time you will be employed by QRIOS Life Science & Engineering.
QRIOS employs curious experts in IT, Life Science and Engineering. We want to continue to attract the best employees, to continue to support our partners with the important competences you require. We are a recruitment and consulting company that is strongly inspired by those who never stop looking for new solutions. As we say, QRIOS MINDS GO FURTHER.