Group IT Internal Audit Manager to Skanska Group HQ
Function & Role
The Internal Audit and Compliance team of Skanska Group HQ is responsible for the set-up and establishment of the Audit plan, Risk Assessment and for leading and performing audits according to the Audit Plan. Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Internal Audit and Compliance is to increase shareholder value by:
- Provide independent and objective assurance services designed to improve the internal control environment within the Skanska Group
- Ensure Group compliance with applicable laws and listing requirements relating to Internal Control
- Support the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes within the Group.
The focus on IT, IT-security and Information Security is increasing and for this reason we are now establishing the role as Group IT Internal Audit Manager.
The Internal Audit and Compliance team is global and decentralized with a European and American unit. The Group IT Internal Audit Manager will form and be responsible for the third unit reporting to the SVP of Internal Audit and Compliance.
Your main tasks & responsibilities
The position as Group IT Internal Audit Manager will require strong integrity and capability to build good relations with Business Units and group staff functions such as IT, controlling, risk and legal. Since the role is a new one at Skanska, and the scope is evolving you will be a key player in establishing, developing and most likely in a near future expanding the IT Audit-function.
Areas of responsibility are mainly:
- Develop IT related parts of the auditplan and lead the execution of audit projects in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Providing oversight and coaching the internal team, both internal and/or co-sourced resources, confirming the delivery, quality, and auditee experience.
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Proactively identifying regulatory, IT, information security, operational, and/or strategic risks to the organization and deliver recommendations for improvements to senior leadership.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen effective relationships with Skanska HQ Group Staff Functions and Business Units
- Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness and determine exposure to risk.
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
- Keeping current on leading practices and emerging risks in IT, information security, and cyber security and making recommendations for improvements, as necessary.
The position as Group IT Internal Audit Manager will offer flexibility and autonomy. Traveling to relevant IT-units within the Skanska Business Units and to the different parts of the Group Function IT will be required, although many meetings most likely can be held digitally.
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for you with a degree in systems sciences and/or economics from a university or a College. You have several years of experience in IT auditing and/or Compliance Management within IT, IT-/information security. Working experience with standards such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT and certification within CISA is advantageous though not mandatory. More important is an understanding of IT audit methodologies and processes.
The role demands good communication skills, both verbally and in writing and the capacity to present goals and messages in a clear and educational way. As a person you are trustworthy, analytical, meticulous, structured with high integrity and a developed risk mindset.
To be successful both initially and on a long term you need leadership qualities, project management skills and a great drive forward.
In this process Skanska cooperates with SJR Executive Search. For further information about this position and the recruitment process, please contact Emelie Jorland, Research Consultant, at +46 (0)72 066 02 98, or Anders Dareholt, Senior Consultant, at +46 (0) 70 471 59 09.
As selections and interviews are made on an ongoing basis, please send your application as soon as possible. All applications and personal information are handled with confidentiality and according to GDPR.
We’re a global construction and development company built on 135 years of knowledge and experience. You’ll find our offices across the Nordics, Central & Eastern Europe, UK, and the USA. Together, we’re 30,000+ expert colleagues, change-makers, mothers and fathers, creators and explorers shaping society towards a smarter and more sustainable future. Each of us play a vital role in telling the Skanska story.
At our headquarters in Stockholm we set the direction for the company at large and for our local units to thrive. Among other things, we create global policies and strategies, define and follow up on targets, and ensure financial capacity. While we may be builders by trade, we’re human-centric by nature. Every decision we make, big and small, has an impact. That’s why we believe in putting people, communities, and our environment at the heart of everything we do.
Job ID: teamtailor-2504456-596947