Interim – Sweden Gothenburg
You have a passion for procurement and are professional in everything you do!
This is a full-time consulting assignment. We are looking for a consultant to take on a role as a Category Manager at our customers site in Gothenburg.
The client works with Greentech within the transport industry and have a mission to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Your place of work will be at the main office located on Hisingen.
As the Category Manager you have a strategic procurement role and will be a key contributor to our value driven procurement excellence. You are proactive and creative and lead the commercial relationship with our suppliers. This role is instrumental in optimizing upstream value and driving competitive commercial negotiations and agreements with the supplier base within the assigned scope of responsibility.
- Establish and implement a category strategy that meets the company’s requirements
- Manage on-time sourcing and selection of high performing suppliers that meet defined program targets
- Lead negotiator within assigned scope with focus on commercial terms & conditions
- Develop sustainable supplier relationships and drive supplier excellence
- Conduct evaluation of supplier performance and drive corrective actions if required
- Drive supplier value optimization
- Set annual spend and savings forecasts and monitor actuals vs forecast
- Actively contribute to other procurement initiatives and take part in special projects
- Represent the Procurement function in internal or external events as needed
- Be an active contributor to develop efficient procurement processes and best practice
- Close interaction with internal stakeholders to capture business needs and program requirements
- Regular assessment and analysis of market, trends and new innovations
- Identify and perform business intelligence and benchmark studies
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Spend Management
- Proactive assessment and mitigation of risk
The role is organized in the Procurement team and reports to the Head of Procurement. The Category Manager is a business facing role interacting and collaborating with the supplier base as well as the relevant stakeholders and colleagues. This position is based in Gothenburg and will include some international travel.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, economics or engineering and/or; equivalent work experience from strategic procurement, sourcing or similar positions
- 5+ years of experience in a senior strategic/category/sourcing position
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset
- Comfortable in fast paced, cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Experience in building and driving high performing cross-functional teams in an international environment
- Excellence in negotiation, sourcing execution, category management, supplier relationship management and contract management
- Demonstrated success in commercial and supplier readiness in product development and industrialization of new products
- Proven record of optimizing supplier relationships and performance improvements
- Ability to define frameworks, processes, and tools to ensure efficiency and agility
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven, responsible and accountable for your deliverables
- Flexible attitude and solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Eagerness to collaborate with others
- Microsoft Office suite with high level of proficiency in Excel and Power Point
More about the assignment
You will be assigned to the customer through Intensogruppen. The assignment can also be applied by you with your own company and is expected to be a full-time assignment. Starts asap. Please apply soon!
For questions about the position, contact Mattias Lyckberg, 0733-336080, at Intenso Teknikrekrytering AB.
We welcome your application!
About the company
Intenso Interim Management is part of Intensogruppen together with the Säljpoolen, Intenso Teknikrekrytering and Masterhelp Jobb. Intensogruppen has offices in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Malmö, Linköping and Jönköping.
For more information go to [ Link removed ] or [ Link removed ]