Drive the development of new Formed Fiber materials and technology
About Stora Enso
Stora Enso develops and produces eco-friendly products and solutions based on wood and biomass for a range of industries and applications worldwide. Today our solutions are found in such segments as building, retail, food and beverages, manufacturing, publishing, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, confectionary, hygiene and textiles. Tomorrow, we believe there is the potential to produce anything that's made with fossil-based materials from a tree.
Stora Enso has some 23 000 employees and is headquartered in Helsinki and Stockholm. Our sales in 2020 were EUR 8.6 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 650 million
Formed fiber with Stora Enso
Formed Fiber materials are based on wood fibers and can be produced to most 3d shapes with many of the same mechanical and functional properties as plastics and so provides a novel and powerful vehicle for displacing plastics. We are now seeing interest in Formed Fiber spread to a large number of applications where the market potential is counted in billions of units. The goal of the Formed Fiber team is to capitalize on this opportunity by quickly scaling up capacity, research new technologies and commercialize new applications to become a leader in this market.
Stora Enso has made a strong commitment to Formed Fiber by investing in a new Formed Fiber plant and the formation of this new business unit.
Your next opportunity
We are looking for an R&D Project Manager that will drive R&D development of new Formed Fiber materials and technologies.
Your day to day tasks will include but not limited to:
- Lead R&D projects with target to move from idea stage to pilot stage (both internal and external projects)
- Technical contact for external technology providers within specific technology area
- Manage Intellectual property within specific technology area
- Drive joint (internal & external) collaborations projects e.g. together with external stakeholders such as customers and suppliers
- Develop new formed fiber materials, process technologies and/or solutions
- Plan, perform and analyze trials from laboratory scale to pilot scale
- Map, scout and develop intellectual property
What experiences do we believe you have?
We believe you have following skills sets to make it happen:
- Min M.Sc. in Engineering, Chemistry, Material science, Paper & pulp or similar. PhD in relevant topic is preferred.
- Min 2 year's experience in a similar position
- Highly driven and self-motivated individual with ability to take on work tasks beyond his/her daily duties
- Ability to assess the technical feasibility of new technologies and their potential to bring value for business
- Creative yet structured mindset with ability to quickly build view on interaction of technologies and its impact on IP landscape
- Strong communication skills and ability to identify customer needs and take actions to meet them
We also believe that you have the following technical skill sets:
Have expertise in at least one area relevant for Formed fiber technology.
- Chemistry/physics/engineering of relevant materials (e.g. fibers & pulp, composites, barriers, speciality chemicals)
- Converting machinery/equipment (e.g. thermoforming, injection molding, die-cutting, printing)
- Tooling/molds (e.g. for plastic, metal or fiber molding)
- Process conditions & concepts (e.g. drying, pulping, laminating, coating)
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Michael Murica at Michael Page. If you have any questions about the application, please contact him on +46 70 142 35 64