About the position
We are currently looking for an experienced project manager with a background in the chemical industry. The position is in the This position is part of Innovation organization, which is working with identifying and developing the future products and solutions for Perstorp. It is an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Specialty Chemicals Industry.
In this role you will lead projects of different maturity from development to commercialization of new opportunities. This will give you a great opportunity to develop your internal network and work closely with experts in all types of technical and commercial roles from business, production to regulatory affairs. You will also work with external partners and customers and always in a global context. The nature of innovation projects are high complexity with timelines over several years, this means you need the ability to zoom in and out to challenge your plans with different scenarios and always ensure we follow the right plan to create value for the company. You will be responsible for delivering the project within scope on time as well as creating an enthusiastic, collaborative and creative environment for the project team.
Your daily work will include driving multiple projects and tasks in parallel and as a member of the Innovation project office you will influence the way we work with project execution in the organization. Perstorp has Care as a core value and this should surround everything we do.
Your main tasks:
- Lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional projects with high potential value
- Define the scope, objective and deliverables to ensure the critical timeline is well understood and followed
- Identify the resource and competence needs for a successful project execution
- Manage the day to day operation of your projects
- Build and create good relationship with all stakeholders
- Risk management and scenario planning
- Identify opportunities and trends for improvement and drive change
To be successful in this position you are:
- Experienced in taking a product to the market through development, upscaling and commercialization
- Strong in project management
- Business-minded with an ability to turn information into plans and actions
- Triggered by high pace and running different types of activities in parallel
- Entrepreneurial in your mindset with a strong motivation and drive
- Curious with the ability to analyze and learn new products, processes and applications Interested in understanding how Perstorp’ s unique products and chemistry bring value to customers
- A team player that can work in close collaboration with customers, business, sales, R&D and marketing
Education and experiences required:
- Academic education, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science, product development or similar
- >5 years of working experience in an industrial environment
- Proven project management skills
- Good understanding of the chemical market/industry and knowledge in chemical engineering is beneficial
This position will be based in Sweden with frequent presence in Perstorp, depending on project international travelling can be required.
For more information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Tove Svärd, Innovation – Project Office, by e-mail at: [ Email address blocked ] or on +46(0) 766 342 558
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America.