We offer you a challenging position within the Voyage Solutions division. We are leading the way in creating harmonised integrated solutions including fleet operations solutions, simulation & training, and ship traffic control. Voyage Solutions currently has net annual sales in the region of EUR 140 million and employs approximately 1000 people working from 22 regional offices worldwide.
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
This role is within the European Project Management group’s engineering team. The group is responsible for PC based training simulators and Vessel Traffic control systems. The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, cost estimation, risk analysis, preparation and installation of these systems. During the installation phase you may be required to manage other engineering resources and sub-contractors. Your safety is important to us, the Project Engineer is responsible to maintain a safe working site and to identify and mitigate all safety hazards.
- Performing allocated works: Installation, participation in FAT/SAT, local coordination of works with customer’s representatives and other suppliers
- Project technical specification, system design drawings and scope of supply preparation and review
- Identification and evaluation of technical solutions, preferred models and vendors for 3d party equipment which is to be used within the scope of supply
- Performing customer support, participation in customer visits quality control of completed job
What do we expect from you?
- Technical apprenticeship and/or relevant BS degree and/or applicable IT/Electronics certification
- Fluent in Swedish and English spoken and written incl. technical English
- Physical ability to cope with allocated work and travelling
- Troubleshooting, technical skills and solution envision, personal and subordinates job planning capabilities
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, PC components and IP networking
- Knowledge of marine radar and communication systems
In this job you can expect to travel to our customers in Europe
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application in English. We will evaluate applications continuously.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions, please call Mattias Lyckberg, recruiter at Intenso teknikrekrytering, 0733 - 336080
This is Wärtsila
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Sökord: ingenjör, projektingenjör, styrsystem, servicetekniker, IT-tekniker, IT-support