Product Owner – Fiber Optic Bearings
Would you like to bring insights at the speed of light to our customers?
SKF Connected Technologies deliver a range of offers covering condition monitoring, load and rotation sensing, online systems, mobile systems, wireless systems and software solutions, which are now designed specifically to enable Rotation Equipment Performance offers and scalability.
As Product Owner for Fiber Optic Bearings, you will be part of a team that develops systems and solutions around fiber optic sensorized bearings. Your main responsibility will be to manage the product backlog for future product development activities. For further information regarding Fiber Optic Bearings, please see the following link:
Your day-to-day work
- Define and prioritize development activities for the team, together with Connected Technologies product management.
- To be the main contact in the team for activities and topics related to integration of fiber and bearings.
- Coordination of fiber integration activities.
- Engage with various stakeholders to form a good understanding of customer or end-user needs and problems.
- Convert captured needs and problems into features, specifications and requirements.
- Build solid understanding of users, market, competition and trends to make sound decisions.
We expect you to have/be
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationship with team members and external stakeholders.
- Communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Earlier experience from product ownership or product management; preferably in an agile setting.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written.
It is beneficial if you also have experience from
- Bearing design and operation
- Mechanical engineering
- Electronics or mechanical manufacturing
- Azure DevOps
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
You will enjoy working here if you
Like to work in a fast paced, innovative environment with focus on delivering high quality products. You are a communicative team player that is driven by the interaction of team members as well as stakeholders. You have high integrity and the ability to build relationships with people on all kind of levels in different organizations.
More information for you
Location: Luleå, Sweden. Local contract with SKF Sverige AB. This position is being transferred from France which will require you to spend time there in order to secure the competences already acquired.
At SKF Hardware and Software Development in Luleå we develop industry leading systems for condition monitoring, including online systems, mobile systems, wireless systems, software and more. Our products are designed specifically for helping customers keep the best performance for their plant’s machinery. SKF’s extensive knowledge of rotating equipment is captured in our products, enabling SKF to accurately predict bearing failure in our customer’s equipment.
You will report to Rikard Almqvist, Development Manager in Luleå.
For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Thea Stenfeldt, Recruitment Specialist at SKF Group Recruitment Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert +46 31 3372155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe +46 31 3373395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström +46 31 3371842
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with resume in English no later than 15th of August. Please note that the application will be open over the summer vacation, but the recruitment process will be on hold until week 33.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.