Pierce, a fast-growing e-commerce company focused on motorcycle products, is currently looking to hire a product manager with great energy, a passion for motorcycles and eagerness to learn. As product manager, you will work closely with Pierce's suppliers to define the product portfolio, propose campaigns and develop a strong business relationship.
Pierce is one of Europe's most successful online retailers. We are growing rapidly, and we are currently looking for a Product Manager in Stockholm, Sweden. Would you like to be part of a dynamic Category & Sourcing Team in a company with close to 400 people, that sells across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe, then this could be the role for you.
You're responsible for, together with the category management, the product group(s) development and to update category plans in line with defined store targets (including sourcing plans). Responsible for defined product group(s) with local adaption to be implemented according to timely updates and reviews (phase in, phase out). You will also provide relevant product information and maintenance as well as correct and validated supplier price lists.
You own the supplier relationship and is responsible for take necessary actions to achieve supplier investment targets as well as developing long-term relations for further expansions. You will support the category manager to reach profitability targets through supplier negotiations and the product group(s) commercial development within the category.
You're responsible for monitor results and market development within the product group(s) and support the category manager in category analysis and activities. You're responsible for the product group(s) promotion plan aligned with category management, marketing and pricing teams to drive sales and profitability as well as follow the product lifecycle management governance.
You will adapt to new processes and way of working in transitional environment and pro-actively seek information or training to learn as well as participate in dedicated projects.
The purpose of the role:
- Commercially develop the products and related sourcing plans within your responsibilities
- Manage and develop supplier relations for your product group(s) to ensure profitability and availability
- Support Category Management to Create Category plans within your product group(s) in line with financial targets to increase sales and profitability.
Pierce are looking for candidates with an interest in motorcycles and an eagerness to learn about product management.
Specific requirements and merits for the position are the following:
- Relevant academic degree
- You preferably have a some experience from category management meaning tactical work as well day to day operations from e-tail and/ or retail
- You need to be business acumen, being passionate about products and category management as well as accountable and result oriented
- You have high analytical skills with big picture thinking and high ambition level for your product group(s)
- You're self-organizing, very structured and pro-active and can keep focus under pressure to deliver on targets and business critical actions
- You have experience from supplier management and can build long-term relations
- Your professional integrity and ethics are strong as well as your negotiation skills towards suppliers
- You're a team player with positive and solution-oriented attitude
- You can manage Excel on a high level and are well familiar to MS Office
- You're used to a dynamic work environment with flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
- You have a cross cultural sensitivity, understand and can empathize with differences in people and cultures being respectful
- English fluent, speaking as well as in writing
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding e-commerce company in a role that will grow over time. The position should be particularly interesting to candidates who are interested in motorsports and/or motorcycles.