Perstorp Group want to strengthen the Process Engineering team with a Process Engineer that is motivated by continuously making things better. The job is to improve the performance of Perstorp production plants and we are searching for someone who is energetic, structured with strong analytical skills. Communication is key to make others involved in the project and ensure sustainable results. You will be part of a group with approx. 30 Process engineer colleagues where Care, team spirit and innovative attitude is very high valued. If you're looking to grow and develop in your career, Perstorp is the perfect place for you as we have many different work opportunities.
You will be part of Perstorp’s Global Technology & Investment organization. We are a team with about 100+ professionals, genuinely experienced and competent technology and process engineers who are the heart and core of the business. Our competence is a main enabler for development of Perstorp’s business and production, with a global portfolio of over 150 projects. As a part of our bigger Petronas family we have a recognized position within Sustainability as well as Technology in the specialty chemicals markets.
What will you do?
- Troubleshooting and optimization of Perstorp production plants using Six Sigma methodology
- Design and execution of investment projects, improving safety, sustainability, production, or reliability
- Network with other production sites and engineers to share best practices
- Support the transformation of the production plants to become sustainable from an environmental perspective
- At all times follow, and role model, Perstorp’s Health and Safety standards and support our safety journey
- Work with process safety related topics exemplified by risk analysis
- Provide assistance during installation, commissioning, and startup of multiple projects.
- Support our continuous work developing our process discipline technical standards, network and share best practices.
Who are you?
- Master’s degree within chemical engineering or relevant engineering field
- At least 2-3 years experience within Process Engineering or similar
- Experience within Lean Six Sigma is beneficial
- Experience in the process industry and chemical engineering technologies is meritorious
- A structured and process-oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Actively shares knowledge, has an inclusive and coaching approach
- Able to travel to other sites if necessary
- Good proficiency in Swedish and English language
What we can offer
A strong company culture
Our core values Care, Responsibility, Reliability and Focused Innovation are a living part of our company culture. We believe in leading with our hearts and show concern for each other and for the world around us. We want to take responsibility and keep what we promise. We constantly strive to work smarter and better. If you share these values, we think you'll be happy with us!
Great place to work and develop
Perstorp has a proven track record to develop and implement our own technologies when designing/constructing new full scale plants as well as introducing new products to the market. The established way-of-working with internal technologies allows Perstorp to have full control from the early project phases all the way through investment start-up and creates a very inspiring position with paramount importance for the engineering teams when steering the plant design
Global reach with strong local presence and a stable owner
Since Perstorp is the world leader in several sectors of the specialty chemicals market, with a global presence, there are many opportunities to participate in international investments and development projects. Our new owner, PCG is stable with a long-term horizon.
The position is based in Perstorp or Stenungsund. You are welcome to contact Linda Persson, Manager Process Technology at [ Email address blocked ] or Sofia Löwgren, Team Manager Process 1 at [ Email address blocked ] if you have questions. Please send us your application as soon as possible.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 140 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,500 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Perstorp Group is since October 2022 a wholly-owned subsidiary of PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad (PCG), Malaysia´s leading integrated chemicals provider and part of PETRONAS Group.
Job ID: 2882235