On behalf of our client Takura, a Swedish biopharma company, we are now looking for a dependable and experienced researcher, preferably within stem cell biology, to manage the company’s preclinical projects. Takura is expanding rapidly and is opening up a new GMP facility in Stockholm. If you are a driven, passionate and experienced researcher who would be excited to be part of this journey then don't hesitate to apply!
Takura is a Swedish clinical-stage biopharma company that commercializes advanced cell therapy research to accelerate the development and make groundbreaking treatments accessible and more affordable. Takura with its subsidiaries is working with MSC treatments (human and veterinary applications) and TIL cancer therapy. Currently, the location of a GMP facility in Stockholm is under consideration. Takura also have a joint venture in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
As a preclinical project manager, you will manage Takura's preclinical projects as well as adding to the team as a valuable member in various company projects. You will independently be managing the full scope of the preclinical projects. This will include planning and performing experiments, evaluating and summarizing data, identifying trends and patterns and designing the preclinical studies that will be outsourced. In your role, you will identify and communicate with external preclinical partners to find the best solutions for each project. You will compile and present your reports, findings and/or problems to management and other stakeholders. In this role, it is necessary to continuously follow a strict code of ethics and protect confidential information at all times.
- Conducting necessary research on study projects by using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls etc. to gather data.
- Interpreting study project specifications from external partners and developing a work plan that meets the set requirements.
- Writing study reports, a preclinical summary of data for clinical documentation etc.
- Anticipating research issues and promptly resolving them.
- Writing proposals and delivering oral and written presentations when required.
- Assisting management with budget and time schedules.
- Ensuring that required ethical approvals, biobank approval, material transfer agreements etc. are in place for the relevant research.
- Communicating with sales and technical experts regarding potential purchases of equipment, raw materials etc.
Essential for the role:
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or similar relevant area.
- PhD in stem cell biology, transplantation, immunology or similar relevant topic.
- >3 years work experience in the relevant area after PhD defense.
- Work experience as a project leader in the industry or with industrial partners
- Sound understanding of research methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Experienced in working with a laboratory management system.
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing and preferably also Swedish.
Desirable for the role:
To thrive in this role, you should be resourceful and demonstrate excellent time management and patience. You need to have strong problem-solving skills and a flexible state of mind as projects can change quickly, and you will manage many projects in parallel. We also see that you are passionate about research and have a natural ability to drive projects forward to meet set deadlines. Another key is communication as you effectively need to be able to communicate with both internal and external partners at all levels, both orally and in writing.
In this recruitment process, Takura is collaborating with Randstad Life Sciences. For further information regarding the position, please contact recruitment consultant Simon Haile, [ Email address blocked ]
Because of GDPR, we are not allowed to handle applications by e-mail and applications sent through e-mail can therefore not be processed.
The last application date will be 2021-09-30.