Here is a chance to work in an innovative and creative environment introducing future products and solutions to the market.
We are currently looking for an experienced patent attorney to join the Innovation organization, where we transform innovative ideas into value and develop the future products and solutions for Perstorp. It is an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Specialty Chemicals Industry.
About the position
The IP department supports R&D, production and business functions of the Perstorp Group globally with all kind of IP related matters. You will be included in a dedicated team of four people working with IP but also in close collaboration with project teams as well as other stakeholders in the company. Perstorp has Care as a core value and this should surround everything we do.
Being part of the innovation organization you will have the opportunity to follow all project phases from first idea to commercialization where you are responsible for the IP related questions e.g. ensuring FTO and filing patents supporting the IP strategy in the project. Patents are the main focus, but the work also includes trademarks, web domains and copyright issues.
Your main tasks:
- Investigate patent issues in R&D projects
- Perform freedom to operate investigations
- Draft patent applications and handle these towards patent offices and patent agents
- Monitor competitors and market segments
- Perform IP mapping
- Developing IP strategies in relevant areas
- File and handle oppositions
- Perform literature studies
Who are you?
- You have a chemical education, preferable at M.Sc. level.
- Experience from practical patent work in the industry or from a patent bureau is desired.
- You find it easy to express yourself both in writing and verbally.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, preferably also in one of the Scandinavian languages. Additional language skills in German, French or Chinese are valuable.
To be successful in this position we believe you are flexible, thorough and systematic, have a good sense for teamwork and customer service as well as generally interested and curious about technical matters.
The position is located at Perstorp R&D Center in Perstorp in the south of Sweden. Perstorp has applied a hybrid way of working during the pandemic and aims to continue this going forward.
If you want to know more about the position please contact:
Josefin Lindborg, Patent Attorney, [ Link removed ] or
William Wallin, HR Business partner Innovation, [ Link removed ]
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, no later than 2022-01-30.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,350 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2020 amounted to 9.2 billion SEK.