At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
The Centrifugal Separation team within Tetra Pak is responsible for product management, development of technical solutions and global support to market companies. Centrifugal Separation is a unique area where mechanical excellence combined with deep knowledge of separator applications & solutions is a key to our leadership in liquid food processing technology.
The department Technical Product Management Separators at Tetra Pak is now recruiting a Mechanical Engineer!
This position is based in Lund, Sweden but you will work in a global area.
What you will do
We are looking for a Mechanical engineer with experience of mechanical design for manufacturing preferably within the food industry. You will work with design templates and drawings for the Separator system. Creo is the CAD tool that we use for advanced assembly and pipe design. Product development, improving and maintaining our technical scope of supply will be a part of the job. You will belong to a dynamic organisation where you will have close contact between development, application support, production, supply chain, marketing and technical support. You will work independently as well as a part of different project teams.
As our new colleague, you will work with and be responsible for:
- Develop, improve and validate processes, templates and tools for Separators related to Windchill, PDMlink, Creo and other systems
- Take ownership of the technical product architecture and system integration
- Responsible to follow Tetra Pak design guidelines and corporate standard
- Design the peripheral equipment included in Tetra Pak’s scope of supply for Separator orders
- Design the complete Separator machine system delivered by BU
- Product improvements/capital equipment cost reductions activities
- Build a network with other mechanical engineers to align on common standard design solutions and component choices
- Drive productivity through utilization of re-useable solutions, standard component list and processes
- Support to order handling, production and manufacturing
We believe you have
- Engineering degree Bachelor or Master or equivalent combined with minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience from mechanical equipment and/or processing technologies is a requirement
- Experience in using CAD tools, Windchill-PDMlink from a Cad data management perspective
- Piping design is a vital part of the 3D design done in Creo and experience from this area is seen as a merit
- A background within centrifugal separation, food industry, processing technologies, centrifugal separation, packaging or similar will be seen as a merit
- Knowledge in installation needs and customer operations at site. Good knowledge of design for manufacturing
- A very good command of English, both written and oral is required.
Your personality is the key to our common success! You are good at figuring out how to get things done and how to organise activities. You drive for results and have the ability to deliver on time and under pressure. We believe that you are a clear communicator and good at building effective relationships with others.
Furthermore, you can adjust to the situation and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. In addition, you have the interest and ability to handle the big picture in deliverables at the same time as being interested in technical details.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at [ Link removed ] .
This job posting expires on 2023-06-07
To know more about the position contact manager Fredrik Byhmer at +46 46 36 5096
Questions about your application contact Sara Johannesson at +46 46 36 2964
For trade union information contact Sveriges Ingenjörer Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533 and Unionen Lisbeth Larsson at +46 46 36 2320
Job ID: 80711-en_GB