0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
Rock mechanical engineer at Zinkgruvan Mining
Qrios Örebro, Örebro län Heltid
Zinkgruvan Mining, located in a beautiful environment close to nature, is seeking an experienced Rock mechanical engineer. We are looking for someone to be one of the specialists in our company working with mining operation together with the colleagues on the mine technical services team. If Security, Respect, Integrity and Excellence are important to you, you will thrive in this role and workplace.
About the position
In the role as operational rock mechanical engineer, you will be responsible for rock mechanical technical support to planning, the production operation and other stakeholders.
The role also includes;
• Design and communication of rock enforcement requirements for development, production and capital projects including cable bolting
• Monitoring and providing input on the mining sequence in the short term and long term extraction designs
• Ensure that mining methods and extraction sequencing is optimised regarding rock mechanical criteria
• Rock mechanical measurements and enhancing the geotechnical database
• Responsibility for our seismic monitoring system, including analysis of data, communication with stakeholders and expansion of the system
• Stress analysis using MAP3D and Rocscience software products
• Participation in the back fill quality control program, implementation of new practices and analysis for its stability
• Participation in the rock mechanical core logging and mapping process
Zinkgruvan offers the opportunity to work closely with the production operation with highly skilled colleagues in an international company. We are a profitable and growing company in a high-tech industry where there is plenty of opportunity to develop your experience and skills. The position offers an important role on the mine technical team to design support systems, model design and scheduling options and directly interact with the production operation.
We are looking for candidates who have a postgraduate degree in engineering with a focus on geomechanical and civil engineering or equivalent experience in the field with five years of experience in similar tasks. Knowledge in rock mechanics stability criteria, modelling, management of seismic system and paste fill systems are an advantage.
The work requires that you can take responsibility, have good collaborative skills and a willingness to lead and develop others.
As a person, you are analytical, communicative and enjoy working in teams. Furthermore, you are reliable and want to develop in your area of expertise. You speak and write Swedish and English fluently.
About the organisation
Zinkgruvan is an underground mine with a long production history since 1857. The operation is comprised of the underground mine, a processing plant, and other associated infrastructure. Zinkgruvan produces concentrates with zinc, lead and copper, metals of crucial importance to a modern society. This makes us an important player in climate change. At Zinkgruvan Mining, we combine long-term sustainability with digital development and proud tradition.
Zinkgruvan Mining is located just outside Askersund, close to both nature and the city. We are Sweden's oldest and southernmost operating mine and employ 450 workers in a wide range of professional roles. We offer a good working environment with varied tasks and great development opportunities, including internationally.
Zinkgruvan Mining is part of the Lundin Mining Corporation with headquarters in Toronto, Canada and operations worldwide.
Selection is ongoing, so apply now.
Job ID: 729