We are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Production Mechanics team within the Production Systems Hardware group which is a part of the Production Engineering & Technologies department in Lund.
Who Is your future team?
Production Mechanics team contains of six dedicated mechanical engineers specialized in developing product unique fixtures for production systems used in the Axis line of production.
What you'll do here as a Mechanical Engineer
In Production Mechanics team you will design, develop and deliver, in a cross functional environment, with focus on Axis unique production- and test fixtures to secure high quality in volume production.
The role includes:
Fixture design development, maintenance and improvements with 2D manufacturing drawings (GD&T) and 3dmodelling using Creo CAD system and Windchill PLM system.
Actively be involved in development projects and its stakeholders with a focus on simplicity, scalability, repeatability and quality for optimal production setup.
The role also includes to gain knowledge and collaborate with the team for Axis automated production equipment (e.g. equipment to align sensor and lens or verify alignment in production). Close supplier communication for fixture/equipment manufacturing as well as verifying the outcome before it will go to our production.
The role may include travelling, mainly to our contract manufacturers, for approximately 5-15 days a year.
Who are you?
Are you a structured and driven person with a natural engagement to finalize your deliverables? Do you like to work in a cross functional set up with an open mindset and ability to further develop a creative environment around you?
The role gives a wide range of interfaces and abilities to gain knowledge in different areas.
If you are curious, innovative, like to communicate and influence others with emphasis on production engineering, then we believe this is the place for you.
Qualification and Experience:
- At least Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant experience within mechanical design.
- Experience in 3D CAD - preferably Creo (Pro/Engineer) and design experience from Mechatronics and Automation.
- 3D print knowledge & experience
- At least 1-2 years' experience from fixture design and production of moving mechanics but also experience in the design of aluminum parts for CNC machining is beneficial and will come in use in your daily work.
- International Production experience or development of production equipment as well as optics or metrology experience is considered an advantage
- Very good communication skills in English and Swedish is required.
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
Ready to act?
If you have questions don't hesitate to contact Torbjörn Karlelid (Line manager) or Mikael Elensi (Team leader) on +46 46 272 18 00.